- Features the local history of the community of Alameda
- The web site includes a page on research resources at the museum.
- Location: 2324 Alameda Avenue near Park Street
- Open Wednesday through Friday from 1:30 to 4 p.m., Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Admission: donations encouraged
- Call (510) 521-1233
- Visit http://www.alamedamuseum.org
C.E. Smith Museum of Anthropology
- Changing exhibits focus on aspects of world archaeology and ethnology
- Houses collections and archives from 18 Bay Area archaeological sites
- Other collections include Africa, Asia, North American, and small collections from Central and South America.
- Location: 4th floor of Meiklejohn Hall at the southwest corner of the Cal State Hayward Campus
- Open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Call the Museum Office at (510) 885-3104 or the Museum Exhibit Hall at (510) 885-7414
- Visit https://www.csueastbay.edu/museum/
Coyote Hills Regional Park
- On the southeast shore of San Francisco Bay, explore the tidal marshland
- Visit the Ohlone Indian exhibit at the visitor center
- Guided tours of some of the last remaining large archaeological mound sites
- Location: 8000 Patterson Ranch Road in Fremont
- Open April to October from 8 a.m to 8 p.m., October to April from 8 a.m to 6 p.m., unless otherwise posted
- Admission: $5 per vehicle (when kiosk is attended); $4 per trailered vehicle. Buses: $1 per person (empty bus $50; empty commercial trans. van $5); $2 per dog; guide/service dogs free
- Call (510) 795-9385
- Visit http://www.ebparks.org/parks/coyote_hills
Oakland Museum of California
- Exhibits on Native Americans of California, the California Gold Rush and other aspects of local cultural and natural history
- Location: downtown Oakland at 1000 Oak Street, one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station
- Open Wednesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday from 12 noon to 5 p.m.; closed Monday and Tuesday
- Admission: $8 Adults, $5 seniors and students, Children under 6 are free. Free admission every 2nd Sunday of each month
- For information call (510) 238–2200
- visit https://museumca.org/
Phoebe A. Hearst Museum of Anthropology
The Phoebe A. Hearst Museum of Anthropology will be temporarily closed for renovation from July 1st 2012 until fall 2014. For more information about the work that will be underway during this period please follow this link.
- Events and exhibitions
- See the web site for lists of the contents of the California ethnology and archaeology collections, referenced by site, and to specific University of California Archaeological Survey work.
- Location: Kroeber Hall at the University of California, Berkeley
- Open Wednesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Sunday from 12 noon to 4:00 p.m.
- Admission: $4 adults, $3 seniors, children 12 and under are free
- Call (510) 642-3282, or for the gift store 643-7648
- Visit http://hearstmuseum.berkeley.edu