SCA’s committee, Women in California Archaeology (WCA), was formed in Spring 2012 to provide a venue for discussion related to women archaeologists in California. The WCA will work to provide support and mentorship to women practicing archaeology in the state through individual and/or group interactions. The WCA has a core committee and members. Any member of the SCA can become a member of the WCA, including men. WCA is about supporting women in the profession. The Core Committee includes women from different venues; academic institutions, CRM firms, federal and state agencies, Native American groups, and museums.
WCA Core Committee:
- Seetha Reddy, Reddy Anthropology Consulting (Lead)
- Jennifer Darcangelo, Pacific Gas and Electric Company
- Jennifer Farquhar, Albion Environmental, Inc.; University of Pittsburgh
- Lynn Gamble, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Kristina Gill, University of California – Santa Barbara; Historical Dynamics
- Sandra Hollimon, Santa Rosa Junior College
- Anmarie Medin, Office of Historic Preservation, Sacramento
- Vanessa Mirro, Applied Earthworks, Inc.
- Patricia Garcia-Tuck, THPO Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians
We encourage you to visit http://wcacore.freeforums.net/ and participate in dialogues about a range of topics.
Please feel free to contact Dr. Seetha Reddy (email@example.com) if you have any questions.