Information for Authors
The SCA publishes a quarterly online newsletter of articles and information essential to California archaeology. Submissions of news, announcements, and articles are welcome. Articles desiring peer review should be submitted to the SCA’s scholarly journal, California Archaeology.
Submissions will be edited for length and clarity. Authors should be aware that their articles will appear on the SCA website unless they request otherwise.
Please send submissions and requests for further information to email@example.com. Other correspondence may be sent to the SCA Newsletter at 1692 Mangrove Ave #153, Chico, California 95926.
- March issue – deadline February 10
- June issue – deadline May 10
- September issue – deadline August 10
- December issue – deadline November 10
- Announcements and news items should be less than 500 words
- Full-length articles should be approximately 500-1,000 words
- Every image submitted must be accompanied by 1) a caption and 2) the written permission of the creator for the image’s publication in the SCA Newsletter (email correspondence is sufficient)
- Digital images should be submitted in the largest size and highest resolution possible
- Managing Editor — Jill Gardner
- Assistant Editors —Shelly Davis-King, Pat Mikkelsen, and Karen K. Swope
Click here to view back issues of the SCA Newsletter available for download.