Lesson Plans and Resources for Archaeologists Giving a Presentation
The lesson plan below is designed to provide a trained archaeologist with a starting point to go into a classroom, scouting group, or retirement community and talk about archaeology. Coming soon will be individual information sheets and other resources for each County in the state. These can be found at here under the county links.
Download an Archaeology Month Lesson Plan for your class.
Resources for Elementary Teachers
These lesson plans and reading list supply some basic ideas for incorporating archaeology into the classroom. Any teacher interested in using these lesson plans or finding an archaeologist to give a presentation in their classroom or for maps, slides, or other visual aids, should contact Adie Whitaker.
Photo courtesy of Jennifer Farquhar
- Archaeology World Map
- Archaeology US Map
- Archaeology State Map
- Archaeology USGS Maps
- USGS and Historical Maps, Part 1
- USGS and Historical Maps, Part 2
- USGS and Historical Maps, Part 3
- Archaeology: What Gets Preserved
- Digging into books
- Digging in the Classroom, Part 1
- Digging in the Classroom, Part 2
- Digging in the Classroom, Part 3
- Digging in the Classroom, Part 4
- Measuring Distance
- Archaeology Reading List