Website Analytical Environmental Services (AES)
Analytical Environmental Services (AES) is seeking a permanent Staff Archaeologist to work out of our Sacramento office. While you do not have to live in Sacramento, you do need to be based in Northern California. AES provides CEQA/NEPA, cultural resource management, biological services, regulatory permitting, environmental compliance, acoustics and noise control, air quality and greenhouse gas, and GIS services to public and private clients along the west coast and midwestern states.
As a Staff Archaeologist, you would be expected to complete background research, field surveys, test excavations, construction monitoring, lab work, prepare site record forms, evaluate resources for CRHR/NRHP eligibility, and record results in reports and regulatory documents.
- B.A./B.S. degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field
- At least 3 years of professional archaeological experience (preferably including leading archaeological survey crews, conducting artifact analysis, and preparing archeological reports)
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have availability to work away from home for 1-2 weeks at a time
- Preferably have some experience with project scoping, budgeting, and managing
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess a working knowledge of Federal and State laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to cultural resources
- Have experience with GPS technology
- Have physical ability to walk up to 10 miles a day, dig shovel tests to depths of up to one meter
- Work outdoors in potentially adverse weather conditions
- Work with minimal supervision at times
- Be able to manage time efficiently
AES is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of gender, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, family status, or veteran status.
AES offers a competitive salary and a full benefits package including 401k. Please send a CV and three references to moc.proclacitylananull@ssorgc. Successful candidates should be prepared to submit a writing sample.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org