Cultural – Santa Cruz, CA – Full Time
About the Job
Dudek, an award winning multi-disciplinary environmental consulting firm with over 30 years of excellence in the state of California, is seeking to fill a mid-level staff archaeologist position for our Santa Cruz office. Primary work will be conducted on California’s Central Coast and the San Francisco Bay area, although responsibilities may include projects in other areas of California, such as Shasta County, western Great Basin, southern California Deserts, and elsewhere.
Duties and Responsibilities
Dudek’s clients include private and public entities. Projects include planning and implementation ventures that range from on-call contracts, environmental impact reports, solar and wind infrastructure, and transportation, among others.
- A B.A. (or M.A. preferred) in anthropology or a closely related field
- At least six years of experience in cultural resource management
- Strong background in fieldwork with the ability to travel
- Willing and able to work under physically strenuous conditions
- Strong organizational skills and lab experience, including demonstrable experience with Microsoft Excel and Access programs.
- Mindset to work as a crew member and potentially manage field crews, ensure paperwork is completed accurately, and to logically support field decisions
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- A working knowledge of California prehistory and history, including the Monterey Bay and San Francisco Bay areas
- Familiarity with local, State, and federal cultural resources regulations and guidelines
Dudek is a leading California-based environmental and engineering firm that helps public and private clients plan and implement reliable, effective, and compliant projects. Founded in 1980, Dudek is a stable company that has grown steadily to more than 600 professionals across the U.S., located primarily in offices in California, Hawai’i, and Oregon.
At Dudek, we need inclusivity to succeed and diversity to lead. We understand that the best problem solving happens when diverse viewpoints and experiences are applied. We recognize that different perspectives, inclusivity, and trust build a stronger culture and add value to our firm. We celebrate our differences and strive to make meaningful progress toward becoming a more diverse company.
As an employee-owned company, Dudek’s culture rewards smart, productive team members with professional and financial benefits. Our offices are designed to encourage collaboration, sustainability, and connectivity with the surrounding communities.
Please visit www.dudek.com to learn more!
Dudek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit dudek.com.