Website Cogstone Resource Management, Inc.
Cogstone Resource Management, Inc. is seeking an SOI-qualified cultural resources monitor in the Huntington Beach, California area for a marsh restoration project scheduled to start August 9, 2021. The project is expected to run eight hour days, five days per week, and last approximately six weeks. After the project is complete, there is plenty of potential for ongoing work in the greater Orange County/Los Angeles County area.
Cultural resources technicians will:
- Conduct, construction monitoring, pre-field research and field surveys, and site testing
- Search areas of proposed projects for evidence of historic and prehistoric remains
- Determine exact location of sites and mark them on maps and aerial photographs
- Ensure that work assignments are carried out in a safe and timely manner according to established standards and procedures
- Clean and catalog artifacts
- Stand for up to ten hours, although most projects work eight hour days
- Upload field work data in a consistent and timely manner
- California experience
- MA or MS in Anthropology or a closely related field
- One year of supervisory experience in prehistoric archaeology
- Meet Secretary of the Interior (SOI) guidelines for prehistoric archaeology
- Able to conduct field work for long hours, in possible inclement weather conditions and the ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds
- Applicant must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, with reliable transportation
- Confident in the construction environment
- Proficient in use of tablets and standard office software
- Produce excellent field notes
- Capable of working independently with a diverse, multi-disciplinary team
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.myapps.paychex.com.