California or Nevada locations | Salary min $90K/Yr | https://www.swca.com/
Senior Project Manager
Click HERE to apply
About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking a talented Senior Project Manager who is focused on client and business development, as well as project execution, to join our California Inland Empire team serving Riverside, San Bernardino, and surrounding counties. This candidate will bring strong client relationships and project management skills to SWCA and use them to expand our presence in this key market. This is a newly created position, and the successful candidate will have a robust technical background and extensive consulting experience in one of SWCA’s core disciplines —environmental planning, natural resources, or cultural resources. Primary duties include opportunity identification and development, building client relationships, proposal leadership, and project management. The goal of the position is to collaboratively build on our existing book of business in this geography to a level sufficient to support the opening of an Inland Empire office. SWCA’s purpose is to preserve natural and cultural resources for tomorrow while enabling projects that benefit people today. You are invited to be a part of our success story.
What you will accomplish
- Manage and execute projects, meeting schedule, cost, and quality targets, and earning repeat business.
- Engage in and lead client development to grow our business in the Inland Empire.
- Work collaboratively with SWCA leaders and business developers throughout Southern California and beyond to help our teams meet opportunity flow, sales, and revenue goals.
- Evaluate market conditions and identify new opportunities for client and service expansion.
- Actively participate in professional groups or associations to grow your professional network.
- Mentor and develop more junior employees.
- Promote a culture of teamwork, engagement, quality service, and customer satisfaction.
Experience and qualifications for success
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to the environmental services that SWCA provides, including (but not limited to) biology, archaeology, anthropology, planning, and natural resources.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in environmental consulting with demonstrated success winning and leading projects.
- Strong existing client contacts in multiple business lines (e.g., energy and utilities, land development, transportation, water resources, and federal, state and local agencies) in the Inland Empire.
- A proven track record of creating and developing new business opportunities, preferably in the Inland Empire.
- Working knowledge of California and federal environmental regulations (e.g., CEQA, NEPA, NHPA, CWA, and ESA).
- A history of successful collaboration as a part of a winning team.
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- A letter of interest and resume are required for this application.
- Ability to travel as needed to Inland Empire client and project locations, and quarterly to SWCA’s established Southern California offices in Pasadena and San Diego.
- SWCA is proud to offer flexible work location arrangements. Fully remote, office-based, or hybrid candidates are welcome.
- While candidates who are located in the Inland Empire are preferred, candidates in nearby geographies will also be considered.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. Our Vision (the North Star) is to make SWCA the best workplace and industry leader in sustainability, bringing sound science and creative solutions to global environmental challenges while maintaining a dedication to employee-ownership. We live our core values: we collaborate as #OneSWCA; we are #AlwaysLearning, we #NeverSettle, and we #GiveBack.
We are 100% employee-owned, and we build our success together. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you are seeking an opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions, then SWCA will be a great fit for you! If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please email moc.acwsnull@snoitadomocca or call 480-581-5378. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
SWCA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.
To apply for this job please visit careers-swca.icims.com.