Website SWCA Environmental Consultants
SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking a Senior Archaeologist/Project Manager for our Pasadena, California office. The Senior Archaeologist/Project Manager is a core member of the Cultural Resources Program, responsible for managing client relationships, supervising staff, successfully winning and executing projects, and leading all aspects of project implementation. This is a regular, full-time, salaried position. This position is a wonderful career-growth opportunity for the right candidate to join SWCA’s expanding practice.
- Project implementation to include staffing, fieldwork, research, report writing, and Quality Assurance/ Quality Control (QA/QC) review.
- Manages state and federal agency permits for the Pasadena cultural resources program
- Maintain good working relationships with state and federal agency contacts and clients
- Nurtures and develops client relationships
- Supervises personnel in the field, office, and laboratory.
- Organizes and creates best practices and processes
- Collaborates with SWCA’s managers, directors, and principal investigators on technical and business development efforts throughout the company.
- Maintains SWCA’s high standard of scientific ethics and quality assurance and is motivated to identify and resolve problems in creative ways.
- Collaborates as part of an interdisciplinary environmental team.
- Assists in the continuing development of SWCA’s Cultural Resource Program and expands SWCA’s professional reputation in cultural resources consulting and research throughout California and beyond.
- Master’s Degree in anthropology, archaeology, history, or a closely related field is required.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in cultural resources management (CRM) on a variety of project types, sizes, regions, and agencies, with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in CRM in a supervisory capacity, whether in the field or in the office.
- Experience managing CRM projects, including budgets, scheduling, and scopes of work.
- Meets the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualifications Standards in archaeology.
- Qualified for listing on the California statewide Bureau of Land Management permit as a principal investigator is required.
- Extensive experience with California archaeology, or similar cultural area.
- Experience working with major electric utilities clients in California.
- Demonstrated expertise in federal, state, and local laws and regulations related to the management of cultural resources (CEQA, NEPA, Section 106 of the NHPA)
- Has completed all aspects of a project, from pre-field tasks to final report preparation for a variety of project types and sizes, regions, and agencies.
- Excellent technical writing skills with a record of completing technical reports in a timely fashion.
- Has provided QA/QC review of field documents, site forms, and reports.
- Has led large crews and/or multiple crews on a variety of project types and sizes, regions, and agencies.
- Has worked on an interdisciplinary team of subject matter experts and planners.
- Has conducted and is interested in conducting marketing, business development, and proposal writing.
- Team-orientated attitude with strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email moc.acwsnull@snoitadommocca or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.