Website Helix Environmental Planning
HELIX is seeking a Senior Cultural Resources Project Manager in our Los Angeles County (Pasadena) office. HELIX offers cultural resources, environmental, biological, acoustical, air quality, and GIS services to both the public and private sectors. Our cultural resources staff prepares all types of cultural resources studies for a wide range of projects.
The successful applicant will be responsible for cultural resources studies and business development activities for a wide range of project types, reporting to and supporting the Southern California Cultural Resources Group Manager. Business development is an important requirement of the position, and responsibilities include preparing proposals and participating in industry events, client meetings, and other client outreach activities to generate business leads. Technical duties include project management; document preparation; coordination with other cultural resources and environmental planning staff, subconsultants, and Tribal representatives; and interaction with clients and reviewing agencies. Oversight and direct participation in field surveys, excavations, laboratory analysis/preparation of resources, and construction monitoring may also be required.
The position requires an individual with archaeological consulting and business development experience, including experience in the preparation of cultural resources proposals and technical reports. Candidates must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and analytical abilities. Experience with a variety of utility, infrastructure and development project types, document types, and private sector/public agency clients is desirable. The applicant must have a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and experience working in a team-oriented environment. Knowledge of the California environmental and regulatory setting are desired, along with possession of an existing client base.
- Master’s Degree in archaeology, anthropology, history, or closely related field with a concentration in archaeology
- Registered Professional Archaeologist
- At least 10 years of experience in archaeology that includes preparation of proposals and archaeological studies/reports and experience with agency consultation/coordination
- A successful track record in business development in California, with proven sales generation and client relationships
- Knowledge of the federal and California laws and regulations pertaining to historic and archaeological resource management and an understanding of regulatory agency programs, procedures, and policies related to cultural resource management, including CEQA, NEPA, and NHPA
- Experience with Southern California prehistoric and historic archaeology
- Experience with Phase I, Phase II, and Phase III archaeological survey, analysis, and documentation requirements
- Experience coordinating with local Tribal representatives, resulting in positive Tribal relationships
- Strong research, writing, organizational, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to commute to, and work from, our Pasadena office an average of at least two days per week (and up to five days per week if that is your preference). If choosing to work remotely, you will be responsible for your home office and need to maintain high-speed internet service capable of supporting video conference calls and handling large documents.
Additional Qualifications Considered a Plus
- Knowledge of local agency guidelines for CEQA compliance, including guidelines pertaining to the completion of cultural resource studies
Dependent on experience, with a robust benefits package.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates must apply online through Paylocity with a resume and cover letter. Begin by clicking “Apply Now” at HELIX Environmental Planning, Inc.
HELIX is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and an inclusive work environment. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of gender, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service or veteran status. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs.
HELIX strongly encourages vaccination against COVID-19 for our employees, and we will request your vaccination status and a copy of your vaccination card, if vaccinated, at the start of your employment. If you are unvaccinated, you will need to wear a mask and practice social distancing when in a HELIX office or vehicle. Additionally, HELIX follows state, local, federal, and other client requirements and, therefore, if their vaccine requirements change, ours will adjust accordingly.
To apply for this job please visit www.helixepi.com.