Website SWCA Environmental Consultants
SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking a Senior Archaeologist/Project Manager for our Pasadena, California office. The Senior Archaeologist/Project Manager is a core member of the Cultural Resources Program, responsible for managing client relationships, supervising staff, successfully winning and executing projects, and leading all aspects of project implementation. This is a regular, full-time, salaried position. This position is a wonderful career-growth opportunity for the right candidate to join SWCA’s expanding practice.
Project implementation to include staffing, fieldwork, research, report writing, and Quality Assurance/ Quality Control (QA/QC) review.
- Manages state and federal agency permits for the Pasadena cultural resources program
- Maintain good working relationships with state and federal agency contacts and clients
- Nurtures and develops client relationships
- Supervises personnel in the field, office, and laboratory.
- Organizes and creates best practices and processes
- Collaborates with SWCA’s managers, directors, and principal investigators on technical and business development efforts throughout the company.
- Maintains SWCA’s high standard of scientific ethics and quality assurance and is motivated to identify and resolve problems in creative ways.
- Collaborates as part of an interdisciplinary environmental team.
- Assists in the continuing development of SWCA’s Cultural Resource Program and expands SWCA’s professional reputation in cultural resources consulting and research throughout California and beyond.
Master’s Degree in anthropology, archaeology, history, or a closely related field is required.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in cultural resources management (CRM) on a variety of project types, sizes, regions, and agencies, with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in CRM in a supervisory capacity, whether in the field or in the office.
- Experience managing CRM projects, including budgets, scheduling, and scopes of work.
- Meets the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualifications Standards in archaeology.
- Qualified for listing on the California statewide Bureau of Land Management permit as a principal investigator is required.
- Extensive experience with California archaeology, or similar cultural area.
- Experience working with major electric utilities clients in California.
- Demonstrated expertise in federal, state, and local laws and regulations related to the management of cultural resources (CEQA, NEPA, Section 106 of the NHPA)
- Has completed all aspects of a project, from pre-field tasks to final report preparation for a variety of project types and sizes, regions, and agencies.
- Excellent technical writing skills with a record of completing technical reports in a timely fashion.
- Has provided QA/QC review of field documents, site forms, and reports.
- Has led large crews and/or multiple crews on a variety of project types and sizes, regions, and agencies.
- Has worked on an interdisciplinary team of subject matter experts and planners.
- Has conducted and is interested in conducting marketing, business development, and proposal writing.
- Team-orientated attitude with strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/k4swz8xnz5jyjb83
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.