Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives – from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking a senior-level Secretary of the Interior qualified staff archaeologist to join its San Francisco Bay Area cultural resources group. This is a full-time position. Successful candidates will have at least six years of prior experience working in California cultural resource management, including field work. Must be willing to work with a team of professionals in a fast-paced environment while tracking multiple projects at once. Office job duties include project management, preparing proposals and contracts, peer reviewing internal cultural documents, mentoring junior staff, coordinating with archaeological field crews, reviewing field paperwork such as survey and monitoring reports, completing and reviewing site record forms, and submitting high quality deliverables to our clients. Field duties may include occasional travel to conduct pedestrian surveys, construction monitoring, and recording cultural resources in the field.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Graduate degree in Anthropology, Archaeology or closely related field.
- Previous experience managing cultural resources projects is required.
- The ability to independently identify prehistoric and historic-era cultural resources.
- Six or more years of progressive experience, including participating in cultural resources field projects in California.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and attention to detail.
- Strong writing skills and clarity in notetaking while working in the field.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and respond quickly while working in the field or office.
- Have good phone skills and be familiar with Microsoft Teams, Slack, Microsoft Outlook while working remotely.
- Experience working on state and federal lands.
- Working knowledge of Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act.
- Previous experience coordinating with Native American Tribes and land agencies is required.
- Experience with MS Office (Word and Excel) and Google Earth.
- Familiarity with digital field technology (GPS, total station, iPad etc.) and GIS applications and software. Previous experience using Collector a plus.
- Previous experience preparing site record forms, monitoring logs, and survey report forms.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- A driver’s license is required
- Must have a satisfactory driving record and complete a background check
Please include your resume with relevant CRM experience and at least three references.
Education: Graduate degree in Anthropology, Archaeology or closely related field required.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.
To apply: go to www.kleinfelder.com, Careers, Career Search, Advanced Search, Job #53626
To apply for this job please visit jobs2.smartsearchonline.com.