Position: Senior Archaeologist/Principal Investigator
Location: Bay Area, California
PaleoWest, LLC is a solution-driven cultural resource consulting firm that prides itself on employing the best CRM professionals in the industry. Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, PaleoWest places an emphasis on supporting our clients’ needs by fostering new technologies that advance our industry and promoting professional development within an innovative and forward-thinking environment. PaleoWest is currently seeking a top-notch Senior Archaeologist who can serve as Principal Investigator on many of its current and future projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Anthropology or Archaeology
- Meets the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards and Guidelines for Archaeology
- Meets the California BLM requirements for Principal Investigator
- Experience working in Northern California
- A solid understanding of CEQA and NHPA Section 106
- Familiarity and demonstrated experience with Bay Area prehistoric and historical archaeology
- Experience preparing, reviewing, and overseeing technical reports, research designs, and management plans for complex data recovery projects.
- Experience with the City and County of San Francisco preferred
The successful candidate will work closely with our Office Principal and other staff in our California offices. Salary will be commensurate with experience and bonuses will be offered for exceptional performance. Our benefits package includes health insurance, paid holiday and vacation, and a 401(k) plan with employer matching.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in joining our rapidly growing team of professionals, please submit a current resume, cover letter, the names and contact information of three professional references, and a writing sample. Submit your CV to moc.tsewoelapnull@krow with the subject line Senior Archaeologist/Principal Investigator – CA. Applicants will be contacted if selected for an interview.
PaleoWest is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com