Website Bargas Environmental Consulting, LLC
Bargas Environmental Consulting, LLC (Bargas) is seeking energetic and experienced Senior-Level Archaeologists for our growing Cultural Resources Department. Positions are available throughout California and provide exciting opportunities for career growth in a progressive, team-oriented culture.
We are seeking Archaeologists/Cultural Resources Specialists with a minimum of 7 years of experience in cultural resources management in California who want to be part of a dynamic team of experts providing a full range of archaeological services to a diverse portfolio of clients. Under the supervision of the Director of Cultural Resources, you will lead field surveys and test excavations; conduct artifact analyses; record and evaluate archaeological sites; supervise data collection and management; prepare site records and technical reports; review work products prepared by others; conduct client coordination; and conduct/assist with project management and business development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Anthropology, Archaeology, or related field required. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- RPA certification preferred.
- 7+ years of experience conducting archaeological fieldwork and reporting in California, including at least 2 years’ experience in a supervisory role.
- Proven ability to identify, record, and evaluate prehistoric and historic-age archaeological materials.
- Proven ability to supervise archaeologists in field and office settings.
- Project management/Principal Investigator experience highly desired.
- Familiarity with federal and state cultural resources regulations highly desired.
- Willingness to travel highly desired.
- Ability to manage and analyze complex archaeological data required.
- Experience authoring and reviewing site records and technical reports required.
- Proficient computer skills required; familiarity with Microsoft Office 365 applications a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- High degree of attention to detail and integrity required.
- Ability to work effectively and positively in a team environment and independently.
- Willingness to take ownership of any tasks as assigned through to completion.
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to walk long distances, traverse rugged and steep terrain, and work in fluctuating and potentially extreme weather conditions.
- Must be able to sit at a computer for several hours at a the time.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, kneel.
- Must be able to carry equipment weighing an excess of 25lbs.
- Must be able to pass a background, credit, and DMV check.
- This position is open to full-time or part-time candidates. The part-time position has the potential to turn into a full-time position based on job performance and company needs.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary Range = $65,000 – $90,000, dependent on skills and experience
- Annual bonuses*
- Paid time off for holidays, vacation, and sick time*
- 401(k) with matching contributions*
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits*
- Flexible work schedule
- Remote and office work locations available
- Annual Corporate Retreat*
- Professional development and mentorship opportunities*
- Family-oriented business with work-Life balance approach
*Some restrictions apply for part-time positions
Please submit your resume, and cover letter to moc.gnitlusnocsagrabnull@sboj. In your cover letter, please describe why you feel you are a fit for the Bargas team and how your skills and experience relate to the job description. Please also provide three (3) professional references. No phone calls or walk-ins, please.
Bargas provides environmental solutions for a developing world and strives to provide the highest quality analysis and project management in support of sustainable planning and energy solutions. We offer competitive pay and a positive, professional, and supportive work culture. Bargas Environmental Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Minority Women Owned business. www.Bargasconsulting.com