Website Soar Environmental Consulting, Inc.
Soar Environmental Consulting Inc. is a Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise with a tremendous growth opening for a Registered Professional Archaeologist to join our team to work on projects in California. You will visit some exciting locations and deliver successful projects as the author and lead investigator. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to lead our staff archaeologists. This role is an opportunity to join a progressive team and develop your department. As a small business, we work, bond, and smile a lot here, making our culture a truly enjoyable place to apply your craft. Please read our reviews online. As our successful candidate, you will be in the field at various project locations doing what you love to do, coordinating with team members and project managers to research, discover, and work with native peoples when the project calls for it. You’ll be responsible for data collection, documentation, presentation, technical writing for assessments and evaluations, and on-site physical activities such as excavation. Excellent organizational skills, conscientiousness, and the ability to pay close attention to detail are necessary. You will present your findings and interpretations clearly and concisely.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Undertaking a wide range of field methodologies, including authoring archaeological surveys, testing, excavation, and monitoring for every project phase.
You will have the opportunity to develop our cultural resources team and the support our staff.
· Identifying a variety of resource types and conducting AB 52 Tribal Consultations and Section 106 Services
· Ensuring all archaeological sites and remains are correctly safe and preserved
· Carrying out examination, documentation, and preservation of artifacts
· Performing analysis and interpretation of data and findings
· Presenting findings to team members and stakeholders in the form of written technical reports
· Providing timely project deliverables such as completed cultural resources assessment reports and results for tribal consultations to the project manager
· Maintaining a positive working relationship with stakeholders
· Proficient community liaison skills
· Adept knowledge and understanding of cultural awareness
· Proven ability to convey technical information
· ability to work outdoors carrying equipment
· ability to cope with several projects at a time
· Experience with Microsoft Office
· Proven leadership skills
· Cost and risk management skills
· ability to work within budget
· Time management skills
· ability to make crucial decisions under pressure
· Problem-solving skills
· Excellent attention to detail
· Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, and organizational skills
· ability to work with diverse crews and in a team environment
· Friendly and approachable
· Registered Professional Archaeologist
· Master’s Degree
· Two or more years of experience working as an archaeologist in California
· Two or more years of experience working as a certified archaeologist
· Valid Driver’s License
· First Aid training
· 401(k) matching
· Dental Insurance
· Health insurance
· Paid time off
· Ten paid holidays per year
· Professional development assistance
· Vision insurance
· Annual Off-Site Team Event
· Annual Health Stipend
Work Remotely: You can work from your remote location. You will travel to field sites when necessary. You will have field time and office time for report writing. In addition, you can attend staff meetings remotely.
Interested applicants, please provide a cover letter and résumé here on Indeed. Let us know what your passion is.
To apply for this job email your details to Jsarquis@Soarhere.com