Website Bargas Environmental Consulting, LLC
Bargas Environmental Consulting, LLC (Bargas) is seeking energetic and experienced Principal-Level Archaeologists for our growing Cultural Resources Department. Positions are available throughout California and provide exciting opportunities for career growth in a progressive, team-oriented culture.
We are seeking Archaeologists/Cultural Resources Specialists with a minimum of 10 years of experience in cultural resources management in California who want to be part of a dynamic team of experts providing a full range of archaeological services to a diverse portfolio of clients. Under the supervision of the Director of Cultural Resources, you will manage and oversee archeological projects consisting of field surveys and test excavations, evaluation of archaeological sites, preparation of site records and technical reports, and construction monitoring. You will supervise the work of archaeologists, review their work products, and provide staff mentoring; prepare work plans, research designs, complex technical reports, and impact assessments; and conduct client coordination, project management, and business development.
- Master’s Degree in Anthropology, Archaeology, or related field required.
- RPA certification preferred.
- 10+ years of experience conducting archaeological fieldwork and reporting in California, including at least 3 years’ experience in a supervisory role.
- Project management/Principal Investigator experience required.
- Proven ability to identify, record, and evaluate prehistoric and historic-age archaeological materials.
- Proven ability to supervise archaeologists in field and office settings.
- Familiarity with federal and state cultural resources regulations required.
- Willingness to travel highly desired.
- Ability to manage and analyze complex archaeological data required.
- Experience authoring and reviewing site records and technical reports required.
- Proficient computer skills required; familiarity with Microsoft Office 365 applications a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- High degree of attention to detail and integrity required.
- Ability to work effectively and positively in a team environment and independently.
- Willingness to take ownership of any tasks as assigned through to completion.
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to walk long distances, traverse rugged and steep terrain, and work in fluctuating and potentially extreme weather conditions.
- Must be able to sit at a computer for several hours at a the time.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, kneel.
- Must be able to carry equipment weighing an excess of 25lbs.
- Must be able to pass a background, credit, and DMV check.
- This position is open to full-time or part-time candidates. The part-time position has the potential to turn into a full-time position based on job performance and company needs.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary Range = $85,000 – $120,000, dependent on skills and experience
- Annual bonuses*
- Paid time off for holidays, vacation, and sick time*
- 401(k) with matching contributions*
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits*
- Flexible work schedule
- Remote and office work locations available
- Annual Corporate Retreat*
- Professional development and mentorship opportunities*
- Family-oriented business with work-Life balance approach
*Some restrictions apply for part-time positions
Please submit your resume, and cover letter to moc.gnitlusnocsagrabnull@sboj. In your cover letter, please describe why you feel you are a fit for the Bargas team and how your skills and experience relate to the job description. Please also provide three (3) professional references. No phone calls or walk-ins, please.
Bargas provides environmental solutions for a developing world and strives to provide the highest quality analysis and project management in support of sustainable planning and energy solutions. We offer competitive pay and a positive, professional, and supportive work culture. Bargas Environmental Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Minority Women Owned business. www.Bargasconsulting.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org