The Archaeologist will assist senior archaeologists in fieldwork, laboratory analysis, monitoring, and preparation of technical reports and environmental documents. Duties will include conducting and compiling background research, survey, testing, evaluation, data recovery, and construction monitoring, laboratory work, assistance with report preparation as well as other tasks as assigned. Position requires excellent field skills, artifact analyses, keeping of field notes and records, and writing key sections of reports (methods, results, artifact analyses). Travel for up to 10 days may be required.
About On-Call Employment with ICF
Given the seasonal or project-specific nature of our environmental work, ICF often hires environmental professionals as “On-Call” employees. On-Call employees are scheduled for work hours as they become available (we usually schedule work hours a few weeks ahead of time), and each on-call employee is free to accept or refuse the hours assigned to them in a given week. On-Call employees may work concurrent projects outside of their ICF assignment (along as their outside work does not create a conflict of interest with the work they do for ICF).
- Bachelor’s degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or related field
- 2+ years of field experience in archaeological monitoring and survey
- Ability to communicate and coordinate effectively with ICF senior staff and construction personnel
- Knowledge of computers and GPS equipment is critical
- Background in prehistoric or historic period archaeology is required
- Ability to conduct field visits at locations throughout Southern California
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Field experience in Los Angeles, eastern San Diego County, and/or Imperial County
- Cross training in paleontological monitoring
- Railroad Safety Training for a Southern California Railroad or transit district (please specify)
- Active 40-hour HAZWOPER training
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Pay Transparency Statement: For more information, please click here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
To apply for this job please visit www.icf.com.