GEI is an employee-owned, leading consulting engineering and environmental firm ranked #88 in the ENR top 500 (2020). We partner with hundreds of government, energy, industry and institutional clients, and have completed 50,000 project engagements throughout the United States, Canada, and more than 20 other countries. We are sought out for our ideas, our creativity, and most of all, for the quality and character of our people. Get to know us better by visiting GEI’s career site here.
This hourly position is on a project-specific basis and pay will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience. The candidate should be fit, resourceful, dedicated, and organized, and will work independently during monitoring projects as well as under the supervision of the Field Director or Project Director during survey and/or excavation projects. Familiarity with GPS units, DPR 523 forms, and digital data collection are a plus but not required. Because of contract requirements we are primarily interested in applicants with a Master’s degree but are accepting Bachelor’s degree only applications as well.
Locations: Rancho Cordova, Pasadena, Bakersfield, and Carlsbad
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Perform cultural resources monitoring at construction sites to implement mitigation measures to avoid impacts to cultural resources
- Conduct archaeological field surveys
- Record data for scientific and compliance purposes using company forms and established field methodology
- Prepare daily progress/monitoring reports as needed by the project
- Use GPS equipment (Garmin/Trimble) for field data collection
- Work independently or as part of a team
- Conduct field surveys as needed
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree in anthropology, archaeology, historic archaeology, or a related field must have a minimum of six months of supervised professional experience as a field archaeologist, including construction monitoring experience
- Applicants with a Master’s degree in anthropology, archaeology, historic archaeology, or a related field must have a minimum of one year of professional experience as a field archaeologist, including construction monitoring experience
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, access to reliable transportation
- Computer literate with smartphone and tablet applications
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ourcareerpages.com.