Website Horizon Water and Environment, LLC
Horizon Water and Environment, LLC (Horizon) is a multidisciplinary environmental consulting firm that specializes in CEQA and NEPA compliance, environmental permitting, and environmental studies for public infrastructure projects. We have a current need for an archaeological field technician to work on an intermittent, on-call, hourly basis, supporting projects throughout California, particularly Sacramento and Bay Area.
Duties primarily involve fieldwork (surveys, Extended Phase I excavations, and construction monitoring), but may also include coordinating fieldwork and crew; conducting archival research and record searches; preparing DPR forms; assisting with report preparation; coordinating with other cultural resource and environmental planning staff and subconsultants; and interacting with construction crews/foremen and clients.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in archaeology, anthropology, history, or closely related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in archaeology, with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Demonstrated experience conducting archaeological fieldwork that entails survey, in-field analysis, and documentation.
- Experience with field data collection with GPS and management of field data and forms.
- Experience with prehistoric and historic archaeology in Northern and Central California.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, organizational, and verbal communication skills. Candidates should also have a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and willingness to learn and execute new tasks.
- Ability to work in diverse terrain and remote locations; comfortable with strenuous hiking and varying climate conditions.
- Ability to conduct fieldwork out of town for multiple consecutive days.
- Clean DMV record and compliance with company safety protocols and procedures.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to moc.o2hnozirohnull@ofni.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org