On-Call Archaeologists Wanted in Riverside and Bay Area
MIG is expanding its archaeological department and capabilities and we are seeking a few on-call archaeologists in the Riverside/greater LA area as well as in the San Francisco Bay Area to support cultural pedestrian surveys and construction monitoring projects.
The successful applicants will be responsible for assisting senior cultural resource staff on a project-by-project basis. Duties primarily involve fieldwork (surveys, excavation, and construction monitoring), but may also include coordinating fieldwork and crew; assisting with report preparation; coordinating with other cultural resource and environmental planning staff and subconsultants; and interacting with construction crews/foremen and clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in archaeology, anthropology, history, or closely related field or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience conducting archaeological fieldwork that entails survey, excavation, in-field analysis, and documentation.
- Experience with GPS technology and field data collection.
- Experience managing field data and forms.
- Experience preparing California Department of Parks and Recreation 523-series forms.
- Experience with prehistoric and historic archaeology in California.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, organizational, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in diverse terrain and remote locations; comfortable with strenuous hiking and varying climate conditions.
Please send a resume and cover letter to moc.mocgimnull@ralpmetr indicating your general availability and experience level.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org