Website Cogstone Resource Management
Cogstone Resource Management is seeking an on-call Archaeologist to support our team for ongoing work for various projects throughout California. Archaeologists may conduct pre-field research, field surveys, monitoring and site testing using a variety of reference materials. Archaeologists may also determine the exact location of sites and mark them on maps and aerial photographs and ensure that work assignments are carried out in a safe and timely manner according to established standards and procedures. Must be able to stand for ten hours although most projects work eight-hour days. Ability to work well with construction crews and colleagues, and to follow specific protocols is necessary. Availability to travel may be necessary.
- Fieldwork and monitoring experience preferred
- Experience in ArcGIS/Field Maps and Survey123 preferred
- Confidence in working in a construction environment
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Excellent note taking ability
Note: Cogstone prohibits social media posting of work-related content and violation is a termination offense.
Salary Range: $23 – $28/hr DOE
- Bachelor’s degree or graduate degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or closely related field
- Strong analytical and communication skills including the ability to communicate clearly and confidently, both written and verbally, to all project team members, client representatives, and other staff
- Word and Excel proficiency
- Ability to work in a small team environment
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.myapps.paychex.com.