Website Red Tail Environmental
Red Tail Environmental is a Native American owned firm providing cultural resources services across Southern California.
We have an immediate need for On-Call Archaeological Field Technicians for survey, excavation, and monitoring work in San Diego County. An A.A. or B.A. in Anthropology or a closely related field, an archaeological field school, and one year of San Diego County experience is preferred.
An Archaeological Field Technician must possess basic archaeological field and laboratory skills for various survey, excavation, laboratory and construction monitoring work, including:
- Ability to identify local cultural materials in the field and laboratory
- Ability to take comprehensive notes and fill out archaeological forms
- Ability to read topographic and project maps
- Ability to perform archaeological surveys and excavations
- Ability to carry 30 lbs. over rough terrain during the course of an 8-hour work day
- Ability to work in extreme climatic conditions, in cold or hot weather
- Ability to communicate with construction contractors and archaeological supervisors during monitoring jobs
- Ability to work near heavy machinery during construction monitoring
- Have a valid CA Driver’s License in good standing
To apply for this position, please send a resume, two references, and cover letter to: moc.latnemnorivneliatdernull@sboj. Competitive wages are based on level of education and experience. All work is currently local and no per diem is available. Night work on construction monitoring projects is available.
Salary: Wage Commensurate with Experience
Red Tail Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values a diverse work force.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org