DUKE CRM is seeking an experienced archaeologist to serve as a Principal Investigator. This is a full-time position. As a small company, the candidate will work in many capacities on a daily basis. The primary responsibility will be managing small to large cultural resource projects in all phases (Ph. I, II, III, and IV). This includes but is not limited to: conducting and managing staff in research, field, laboratory, and office settings; authoring/co-authoring all types of CRM reports; leading field operations; preparing project proposals and budgets; client, Tribal, and agency communications/relations; and a variety of project management tasks. The candidate will typically work at least 40 hours per week, depending on workload. Work hours above 40 hours a week is likely and at times, mandatory. The ability to travel and conduct fieldwork for long hours and extended periods, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, and at high altitudes is a must. The candidate must be able to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds. The candidate must be safety minded and will be responsible for creating project safety and information sheets.
- MA or PhD degree in Archaeology or related field and Registered Professional Archaeologist.
- Strong, demonstratable, technical writing, and editing skills.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in CRM.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in directing archaeological field/laboratory activities.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in California archaeology.
- Demonstrated experience with evaluations of significance under local, state and federal guidelines.
- Demonstrated experience with Native America coordination.
- Familiarity in paleontological monitoring and/or salvage excavation.
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following: Lithic Analysis, Historical Archaeology, Faunal Analysis, or Geoarchaeology.
- Working knowledge of in-field GPS/GIS data collection software (Mobile Mapper, ArcPad and/or TerraSync)
- Working knowledge of CEQA, NEPA, NHPA, and other state and federal environmental regulations.
- Familiarity with reading soils map information, understanding soil stratigraphy, and the identification of native soil horizons.
- Personnel management skills.
- Expertise with the following: MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook), Adobe Acrobat Pro, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Actively engaged in archaeological research.
- Extensive safety training and record.
- Good problem-solving ability and analytical skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- A focus toward fulfilling client objectives.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams and independently.
- A desire to excel and passion for working on complex and challenging projects.
About DUKE CRM
DUKE CRM is a growing CRM firm based in Irvine. We offer a relaxed, flexible, yet professional work environment. We encourage our employees to excel and advance in all aspects. DUKE CRM is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive pay and benefits to match. Benefits include Medical/Dental/Vision, paid-time-off (sick, vacation, and holiday), life insurance, performance bonuses, and publication bonuses.
To Apply: Email a cover letter highlighting your qualifications, a CV, two writing samples, and references to Curt Duke at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org