Website Brian F. Smith and Associates, Inc. (BFSA)
Location: Poway, California
Brian F. Smith and Associates, Inc. (BFSA), a cultural resources consulting firm headquartered in San Diego, California, is seeking a FULL-TIME GIS/Graphics Technician for projects in southern California.
BFSA is seeking a trained and experienced GIS /Field Technician to prepare archaeological maps and exhibits for reports, prepare records searches, download and manage field GPS data, and assist with production of technical studies. BFSA’s projects include data recovery excavations, field surveys, historic structure assessments, monitoring of grading, and laboratory processing of collections, all of which require GIS work and preparation of report graphics. This position is available immediately. Applicants should possess experience with GIS, archaeological field studies preparation, and Photoshop or Illustrator for graphics. This position is primarily an office position but could also require field work and laboratory processing of historic and prehistoric collections.
This position may involve a variety of cultural resources management activities including but not limited to:
- Carrying out/participating in cultural resources surveys.
- Documenting archaeological sites and architectural resources.
- Monitoring archaeological sites and architectural resources.
- Drafting/reviewing/editing cultural resources report graphics.
- Organizing cultural resources data in analog and digital files housed at the Information Centers.
- Working on geospatial data correction for cultural resources.
- Creating graphics on Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator.
Approximately 80 to 100 percent of the work will be in the office. Office work involves using GIS to create maps and conduct analysis. Organizing and correcting analog and digital records and files.
- Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology, History, or allied discipline with coursework in GIS;
- Educational and field experiences related to archaeology;
- Experience using ArcGIS 10.x;
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator;
- Experience reviewing and interpreting cultural resource data in reports, maps, photographs, ; and,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to effectively communicate archaeological principles and cultural resource management
- Preparation of report graphics, including detailed maps, excavation profiles, and artifact illustrations.
- Previous experience conducting records searches through the CHRIS System, preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of GIS-related spatial analysis, management of relational databases, and projected vs geographic coordinate systems, preferred.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting to accomplish project goals;
- Possess strong organizational skills with ability to meet deadlines and produce professional reports;
- Flexibility and capability to meet the demands of rapidly changing plans and schedules;
- Possess a valid, state-issued driver’s license and clean driving record and reliable transportation
* Please note, we are not offering per diem positions. This is a FULL-TIME position in San Diego, California.
All interested applicants are encouraged to email a cover letter and resume to moc.ac-ASFBnull@semuser. Staff at BFSA will contact you once your resume is reviewed. The hourly wage range is $24.00-$28.00 depending on experience and ability. Standard benefits include paid holidays and health insurance.
To apply for this job email your details to resumes@BFSA-ca.com