Website ASM Affiliates
ASM Affiliates, Inc. (ASM) is a Small Business Enterprise (SBE)-certified cultural resource management (CRM) firm with more than 40 years of experience in providing environmental regulatory compliance services to federal agencies and private proponents throughout the west. ASM has successfully completed more than 4,000 cultural resource investigations for both private sector and public agency projects throughout California, Nevada, Washington and Hawaii. Our clients include local, state, and federal agencies, public utilities, construction and engineering firms, planners and developers.
ASM is currently seeking a GIS Specialist for its San Diego office. This is a part-time/as needed position with possibility of full-time. Some flexibility in schedule is required as there may be occasional, overnight, out-of-state travel. Competitive pay determined based on qualifications and experience.
Please apply by sending cover letter and resume to email@example.com using the subject line: GIS Specialist – San Diego.
Position Overview: Responsible for the completion of GIS-related maps and figures, as well as assisting with data analysis for multiple, large-scale projects.
- Coordinates with Project Managers to complete standard analysis tasks, and to generate data tables for use in the completion of site records
- Edits and maintains shapefiles
- Creates site sketches and location maps, and related site-specific maps and figures
- Prepares project maps and figures
- Prepares data tables derived from GIS attributes
- Conducts records searches
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications and Requirements
- 2+ years of experience in Cultural Resource Management
- 2+ years of professional level GIS experience
- B.A. in Anthropology, Archaeology, or History
- Upper-division GIS coursework (graduate-level preferred), or relevant ESRI-led coursework
- Proficient with the most recent ESRI suite
- Experience with ArcGIS Online
- Proficient with Pathfinder and Trimble hardware and software
- High proficiency in MS Office
- Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to drive company provided vehicle
- Must be able to perform field work in strenuous conditions
ASM Affiliates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org