Website Statistical Research, Inc.
Statistical Research, Inc. (SRI), a multidisciplinary cultural resources consulting firm, has one full-time position available for an archaeological geospatial technician in a cultural resource management (CRM) context. SRI provides comprehensive CRM services to private and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels throughout the western United States from offices in Arizona, California, New Mexico, Texas, and Washington. SRI is a member of the American Cultural Resources Association.
Job Summary: SRI is seeking a motivated individual to provide geospatial and cartographic support in the company’s Redlands, California office. The geospatial technician collects field data, organizes those data for display on cartographic maps and analysis in a GIS platform, and prepares cartographic maps and map graphics for inclusion in SRI reports. This is a professional entry-level position requiring the ability to learn, take direction, and work under the supervision of higher-level geospatial staff to meet general geospatial and cartographic needs on a project-to-project basis. The geospatial technician will be required to work in both field and office settings.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collect geospatial data in the field using various geospatial data-collection instruments that include GPS units, total stations, and photographic cameras
- Record field attribute data in both electronic and paper formats
- Implement outlined procedures for the recording and management of geospatial data
- Correct and process spatial data collected by GPS receivers and total stations
- Perform quality-assurance and data review for geospatial and attribute data in both electronic and hard-copy formats
- Clean and attribute geospatial data
- Georeference and digitize cartographic data in ArcGIS and other geospatial software from both digital and hard-copy data sources
- Prepare high-quality maps and other cartographic products in accordance with provided standards and guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree in anthropology, archaeology, geography, or a related discipline with an emphasis in archaeology and geospatial technologies (equivalent experience may be counted for degree requirements)
- Experience in field mapping using global positioning (GPS) receivers, total station, or RTK
- Experience manipulating and editing spatial data in current or recent versions of the ArcGIS software package (10.3 or above)
- 2 years related experience
- Demonstrated understanding of basic cartographic and geospatial principles
- Substantive classroom or professional training in GIS principles and best practices
- Past archaeological field experience (i.e., survey, testing, data recovery, and monitoring), as well as completion of an archaeological field school
- Ability to use MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel
Duty Location: Redlands, California
Position Information: Project-specific, hourly. The employee may be considered for a permanent position subject to workload and job performance.
Compensation: SRI offers a compensation package that includes competitive pay; professional leave; medical coverage; retirement plan; and paid vacation, sick, and holiday leave. The wage for this position will be commensurate with the applicant’s credentials, experience, and market forces.
How to apply: Applications can be submitted via e-mail to the address below and should include a resume of relevant experience, and references (with contact information). Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to SRIJOBS@SRICRM.COM