Website Pacific Legacy
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY
Pacific Legacy, Inc. is a Cultural Resources Management firm dedicated to providing quality archaeological
and cultural resource management services. We help our clients navigate through regulatory compliance
processes and provide an integrated historic preservation program to assist in overall planning — from design
to mitigation. Pacific Legacy has an immediate opening in our El Dorado Hills office for a Geoarchaeologist.
• Master’s degree in Archaeology, Geoarchaeology, Geology/Soil Science, Physical Geography or Anthropology;
• Minimum of four years of prior archaeological experience, with one year of experience supervising geoarchaeological projects with demonstrated supervisory field experience;
• Proficiency with Geographic Information Systems (GIS), including related ESRI software and apps including ArcGIS Pro, Survey 123, ArcGIS Online, and Field Maps;
• Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state, and local laws, ordinances, and regulations applicable to cultural resources (e.g., Section 106, National Environmental Policy Act, Archaeological Resources Protection Act, Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act);
• Technical writing skills and experience preparing CRM reports and figures as demonstrated by authoring/coauthoring such reports.
• Must have ability to be listed on various federal and state cultural resource permits.
• Must be able to oversee all aspects of fieldwork including: excavation/data collection, inventory, analysis, and final report production.
• Provide geoarchaeological background and analysis for a variety of projects.
• Contribute to proposals and budgeting.
The ideal candidate has the ability to:
• Supervise field crews;
• Work collaboratively with fellow staff members to produce figures for reports and GIS deliverables;
• Research, write and analyze archaeological data sufficient to produce high quality reports;
• Assist with consultation with indigenous communities, community members, regulatory agencies, and key stakeholders;
• Collect, process, and post-process GPS data using Trimble receivers and ESRI software and apps including ArcGIS Pro, Survey 123, ArcGIS Online, and Field Maps;
• Use software platforms including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access. A working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator is a plus;
• Possess a valid driver’s license and the ability to drive field vehicles; and
• Work in remote areas with rough terrain and changing weather conditions for extended field sessions.
Compensation and benefits, ranging between at $30-$40 an hour based on experience and qualifications.
Pacific Legacy offers excellent employment benefits that include:
· Health, dental, and vision insurance
· 401K profit sharing plan
· Paid time off
· Paid holidays
Please send a cover letter outlining your experience and a current resume with three references to Samantha
Schell, Director of Business Development moc.ycagelcificapnull@llehcs. Pacific Legacy is an Equal Opportunity
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org