Website Dokken Engineering
FULL-TIME STAFF ARCHAEOLOGIST
If you are an excellent communicator and adaptive multitasker committed to providing exceptional work products with a desire to be a part of a close-knit and energetic multidisciplinary environmental team, we would like you to join our Cultural Resource Management team.
Dokken has provided environmental and cultural resource services for over 20 years. We deliver innovative environmental and engineering solutions for local, state, and federally funded public works projects. Our core focus is infrastructure: roadways, bridges, highways and interchanges, bicycle and pedestrian paths, dams, and other public works facility projects. To learn more, visit us at www.dokkenengineering.com.
We are seeking a Full Time Staff Archaeologist with 2-15 years of experience to become an established and integral part of our cultural resources program from our office in Folsom, CA. This individual will work closely with our two staff archaeologists on all of our projects, assisting with cultural resource field assessments, background research, Native American Tribal Government consultation, and cultural report preparation needed to comply with both the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) regulations.
- Must have completed an archaeological field school and completed a BA or BS in anthropology, archaeology, history, or cultural resource management.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in cultural resource management/archaeology, preferably in California.
- Knowledge of federal and California environmental laws (i.e., Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act, NEPA, and CEQA).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience with GPS/GIS applications is preferred.
Duties, As Directed:
- Conducting literature research and record searches
- Coordinating Native American consultation
- Completing archaeological pedestrian surveys
- Conducting archaeological excavation (testing and data recovery)
- Writing cultural reports including, but not limited to, Caltrans formatted cultural reports
- Working with clients, regulatory authorities, and subconsultants
- Assisting with the development and implementation of mitigation and monitoring reporting programs
Compensation: Competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience and an annual performance-based bonus.
- Paid holidays and PTO
- Comprehensive health plan including Medical (Kaiser Permanente and Blue Shield options); Dental (Delta Dental); Vision (VSP), and Flexible Spending Account for health care and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan with industry-leading employer match of 9%
- Annual Stock Accrual in Dokken’s Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Life, accidental death, and long-term disability insurance (Auto-enrollment and Voluntary options available)
- Professional Development Opportunities (Memberships, Conferences, etc.)
- Training and Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Registration, Permits and Licensing Sponsorship
- Employee appreciation, recognition, and social events
- Volunteer opportunities (Road and creek clean ups, community service days, etc.)
- Minority Mentorship Program
- High School/College Guidance/Internships
FLSA Status: Full-Time Exempt
Probationary Period: 90 Days
Employment with Dokken Engineering is governed by the traditional legal principles of “at-will” employment, meaning either you or Dokken Engineering may end the employment relationship for any reason and without notice.
Location: Folsom HQ office (on-site). Intermittent travel for field surveys throughout the State will be required.
Date Posted: 05/20/2022
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
It is the policy of this Company to assure that applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, or disability. Such action shall include employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship, pre-apprenticeship, and/or on-the-job training.
To apply for this job please visit www.dokkenengineering.com.