Field Technicians needed for survey and monitoring in California
Bargas Environmental Consulting is a federal- and state-certified minority woman-owned small business with offices in Sacramento, Orange, Pasadena, and Temecula (www.bargasconsulting.com). Bargas has openings for Field Technicians for survey and monitoring projects for the 2020 field season. Work is primarily associated with utility projects often in remote locations in central and southern California. Start dates will be project-based.
Pay rate is competitive and based on pertinent experience, education, and responsibilities. Field sessions will vary depending on the needs of the project and may be up to 10 hours per day. Per diem will meet or exceed federal rates for the project location ($55/day) and hotel rooms will be single occupancy.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology or another applicable field.
- A minimum of 1 year experience.
- Previous experience working in California preferred. Experience with survey and monitoring are a plus.
- Previous experience completing DPR forms and knowledge of archaeological materials common to California.
- Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds. A pace of 8 to 10 miles per day is expected.
- Ability to navigate using UTM coordinate system.
- Ability to utilize ArcGIS apps such as Survey123 and Collector, as well as Avenza Maps, and Solocator apps.
- Strong outdoor skills including wayfinding, first aid, basic survival training, etc. is preferred.
- Current valid driver’s license, clean driving record and reliable transportation.
- Ability to safely operate a 4WD vehicle on rugged, backcountry roads are a plus.
- Familiarity with working on construction sites, coordinating with construction personnel, and interacting with Native American monitors.
In addition to the requirements for employment with Bargas, all field technicians must:
- Complete and turn in all field documents, timesheets, and reimbursements in a timely manner.
- Complete and conform to all environmental and safety training (including site specific tailboards and other subcontractor requirements).
- Maintain all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to OSHA standards.
Interested applicants please send a resume/curriculum vitae and list of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate your earliest availability for fieldwork. We understand that many people’s schedules are in-flux due to COVID-19 and we will be flexible with personnel start dates and project commitments as much as we can.
Thank you for your interest!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com