Far Western is seeking an archaeological field monitor for a multi-month project at Camp Pendleton, CA. The monitor will identify cultural materials while working with construction crews and around heavy equipment. A qualified candidate has at least one year of field experience, including monitoring experience, preferably in the region. The project will primarily include monitoring at night. Due to the long-term nature of this project, lodging, per diem, and drive time to and from the project are not included, so Far Western is looking to staff from local talent. Work is scheduled to begin summer 2020.
In addition to the requirements for employment with Far Western, all monitors must:
- Have a clean DMV record;
- Pass a criminal background check;
- Read and understand Far Western’s Safety Program;
- Conform to Fitness for Duty policies;
- Conform to our client’s Eligibility for Work requirements;
- Be willing to monitor at night, when necessary;
- Be able to use provided field equipment (typical field equipment includes: Ipad, Trimble GPS, Garmin GPS, and digital camera) and/or be willing to learn;
- Complete and turn in all field documents, timesheets, and reimbursements in a timely manner according to Far Western protocol;
- Complete and conform to all environmental and safety training (including site specific tailboards and other subcontractor requirements);
- Maintain all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to OSHA standards. Far Western will provide Safety glasses, safety vest, and hardhat for the duration of the project but it is the employee’s responsibility to immediately notify Far Western of any problems with their PPE. Boots in compliance with the project’s regulations are the responsibility of the monitor.
Resumes may be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com