Website Friends of Jawbone
Nonprofit organization is seeking a Full Time Field Archeologist to assist with off-highway vehicle restoration projects on public lands managed by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) in the West Mojave Desert.
Friends of Jawbone (FOJ) and Friends of El Mirage (FOEM) are non-profit organizations in support of off-highway vehicle recreation in the West Mojave Desert. Among our activities are restoration projects on public lands managed by the BLM. Each year we restore 20-30 miles of motorized routes that are designated closed, with current projects in the Jawbone, Rand Mountains, El Paso Mountains, and Middle Knob regions. Rate of pay is based upon experience, Starting at $25 per hour
- Self-navigate backcountry roads to specific proposed restoration worksites; company vehicle provided
- Perform cultural clearance surveys
- Report and coordinate results to BLM cultural staff
- Report and coordinate with data manager
- A Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Archaeology, or related field.
- Minimum of 1-2 years related experience
- Ability to work independently but as a member of a team
- Ability to work safely and efficiently in challenging conditions and terrain
- Previous experience performing cultural field surveys, preferably in the Southwestern U.S.
- Familiarity with ESRI mapping and data management tools
- Possesses valid CA driver’s license and a good driving record (needs to be CA license or in the process of getting a CA license)
To apply for this job please visit www.jawbone.org.