Website Southern California Edison
Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become an Environmental Senior Advisor at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you’ll part of the Project Environmental Management (PEM) Division that is responsible for environmental review, permitting, and construction support of utility operations and projects. This team manages multiple projects with short response times in compliance with environmental requirements. Following SCE’s environmental compliance requirements when performing maintenance of SCE’s electrical infrastructure is a critical piece to complying with environmental laws and regulations while providing safe and reliable power to customers.
PEM is seeking three Environmental Senior Advisors to support either Transmission, Distribution or Vegetation Management projects. In this role, you will be responsible for environmental analysis, oversight, and leadership to facilitate environmental strategy, and consistency for multiple projects/programs. You will manage and provide strategic oversight of environmental programs and ensure compliance. In addition to program management, you will be part of complex projects which includes collaboration with subject matter experts, issuance of avoidance and minimization measures, agency engagement, and/or emergent permitting challenges. You will also lead cross-functional teams to ensure the effective implementation of the environmental process in collaboration with program stakeholders. You will address issues and solve problems to advance programs and provide on-time and on budget program delivery while maintaining environmental compliance.
As an Environmental Senior Advisor, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life – Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Manage and document program budget and status for reporting requirements.
- Act as an environmental subject matter expert on any assigned program/project answering technical and policy related inquiries.
- Interact regularly with Operations, Law, Agency Relations, Enterprise Risk Management, and Environmental Services Department management to provide innovative program strategies and recommendations for ensuring environmental compliance and driving the resolution of regulatory enforcement issues.
- Act as key client consultant to management for both functional and broad business issues.
- Develop new procedures and/or optimize existing procedures for programs to ensure consistency and standardization of environmental review analysis and implementation with enhanced environmental compliance controls.
- Oversee program requirements and develop strategies that effectively manage compliance risk and minimize environmental impacts.
- Direct multi-disciplinary technical teams and external consultants to perform environmental analysis supporting program/project development, permitting, and implementation.
- Oversee cross-functional teams to address environmental challenges and solve problems to advance complex projects.
- Participate in root cause analysis when environmental events occur on projects related to the area of responsibility (AOR), and may recommend additional programmatic controls based on findings, implement changes and partner with Operations to embed and socialize improved, sustainable controls in their processes and procedures.
- Provides strategic guidance and direction on short and long-range issues.
- Develop creative strategies in collaboration with Operations and regulatory agencies.
- Ten or more years of experience in an environmental resource discipline (ex. Biology, wetlands, archaeology).
- Six or more years of experience in regulatory analysis and permitting.
- At least six years of experience supporting and/or leading large/complex projects in environmental resource discipline.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in biology, archaeology, geology, or a related environmental resource, compliance, or related discipline.
- Experience in effectively managing business risks, interacting with agencies, and identifying new and existing opportunities to minimize operational impacts.
- Experience interfacing with technical and non-technical audiences including peers, clients, and contractors.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and responding to emergency situations with a sense of urgency and making decisions that could have significant reputational and financial consequences.
- Certification in Project Management, Lean Six Sigma.
- Geographic Information System (GIS) experience.
- Strong understanding of utility field operations and maintenance activities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
To apply for this job please visit adtrk.tw.