Website Southern California Edison
Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become an Environmental Advisor at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you will part of the Project Environmental Management (PEM) Division that is responsible for environmental review, permitting, and construction support of utility operations and projects. This team manages multiple projects with short response times in compliance with environmental requirements. Following SCE’s environmental compliance requirements when performing maintenance of SCE’s electrical infrastructure is a critical piece to complying with environmental laws and regulations while providing safe and reliable power to customers.
PEM is seeking four Environmental Advisors to support either Distribution or Vegetation Management projects. You will be responsible for environmental analysis, oversight, and leadership to facilitate environmental strategy, and consistency for multiple projects/programs.
As an Environmental Advisor, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions, and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life – Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Manage and document budget and status for reporting requirements.
- Act as an environmental subject matter expert on any assigned program/project answering technical and policy related inquiries.
- Provide consultation with other SCE organization managers with respect to environmental compliance that guide SCEs long term goals.
- Provide recommendations and highlight risk regarding intent of environmental laws and regulations to support projects.
- Manage multi-disciplinary technical teams and external consultants to perform environmental analysis supporting project development, permitting, and implementation.
- Contribute to cross-functional teams (e.g. engineers, field crews) to address issues and solve problems to advance projects.
- Assess and implement continuous improvement of processes and procedures.
- Seven or more years of experience in an environmental resource discipline (ex. Biology, wetlands, archaeology).
- Four or more years of experience in regulatory analysis and permitting.
- At least four years of experience supporting and/or leading projects in environmental resource discipline.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in biology, archaeology, geology, or a related discipline.
- Experience as a subject matter expert in effectively managing business risks, interacting with agencies, and identifying new and existing opportunities to minimize operational and compliance impacts.
- Experience interfacing with technical and non-technical audiences including peers, clients, and contractors.
- Customer focused to understand and respond appropriately to clients’ business needs (i.e. Field Operations).
- Demonstrated experience working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Certification in Project Management, Lean Six Sigma.
- Utility industry experience.
- Geographic Information System (GIS) experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
To apply for this job please visit adtrk.tw.