Website Helix Environmental Planning
HELIX is seeking a Cultural Resources Group Manager to join our Northern California team (office locations in Folsom or Roseville). HELIX offers cultural resources, environmental, biological, landscape architecture, regulatory permitting, acoustical, air quality, habitat restoration, GIS, and extension-of-staff services to both the public and private clients across a variety of sectors. Our cultural resources staff prepare all types of cultural resources studies for a wide range of projects.
The Cultural Resources Group Manager will be a member of the HELIX leadership team, reporting directly to the Regional Manager and responsible for growing and managing HELIX’s Northern California Cultural Resources Group. This includes business development, staff recruitment, and financial performance for the group, working with senior leadership, discipline leaders, group managers, technical specialists, and operations staff. The successful candidate will have experience in cultural resource consulting; business management; recruitment, hiring, and retention of cultural resources staff; effective supervision of direct reports to ensure staff workload balance and access to training and resources; and providing quality assurance of all work products.
Our team culture is rooted in collaboration and communication. The successful candidate has a strong work ethic, positive attitude, strong verbal, graphic, and written communication skills, and the ability to work with a team. This individual must have the ability to coordinate effectively with other project managers, be a creative problem solver, and have strong analytical skills.
- Work with the Regional Manager to develop and implement a business plan to include targeted clients and project pursuits. Lead cultural resources business development and marketing efforts for the Sacramento area and other northern California counties and support multi-disciplinary marketing/business development efforts for the company as a whole.
- Prepare proposals/qualifications submittals as applicable, and manage or participate in interviews to help your group, our Sacramento area offices, and the company win contracts and meet sales and profit goals.
- Build relationships with key clients. Identify, target, and develop preferred new clients with significant opportunities. Play an active role in strengthening key client relationships. Participate in negotiations and closing of high-priority contracts.
- Provide input to Division/Regional Manager regarding corporate operations plan, business development and strategic planning, corporate policy and equipment needs.
- Successfully represent HELIX in communications and meetings with existing/prospective clients and public agencies in support of project, proposal, and business development efforts.
- Manage large projects and on-call contracts, completing high-quality work products on time and within budget, to HELIX standards and to the satisfaction of our clients.
- Manage and provide leadership for the Cultural Resources group. Responsible for overall group workload management, meeting groupwide utilization goal, and ensuring quality control on work products.
- Effectively supervise direct reports, including assigning work, developing work and training assignments to further their careers, performing annual performance reviews.
- Work with Human Resources to address personnel matters within the group.
- Foster a positive and professional work atmosphere for the Cultural Resources Group by effectively supervising direct reports, including assigning work, developing work and training assignments to further their careers, and performing annual performance reviews.
- Work with Regional Manager in responding to personnel matters within the group, including hiring, performance management (including addressing performance issues and completing annual performance and merit reviews), terminations, leaves of absence planning, staff evaluations and staff supervision and training.
- Master’s Degree in archaeology, anthropology, history, or closely related field with a concentration in archaeology
- Registered Professional Archaeologist
- At least 15 years of experience in archaeology that includes preparation of proposals and archaeological studies/reports and experience with agency consultation/coordination
- A successful track record in business development in California, with proven sales generation and client relationships
- Ability to prioritize and complete high-quality work within specified deadlines and budgets
- Knowledge of the federal and California laws and regulations pertaining to historic and archaeological resource management and an understanding of regulatory agency programs, procedures, and policies related to cultural resource management, including CEQA, NEPA, and Section 106 NHPA
- Experience with Northern California prehistoric and historic archaeology
- Experience preparing Class/Phase I, II, and III archaeological surveys, analyses, and documentation requirements
- Demonstrated ability to manage cultural resources staff or teams, including training, mentorship, and supervision
- Experience coordinating with local Tribal representatives, resulting in positive Tribal relationships
- Strong research, writing, proofreading, organizational, and verbal communication skills
Additional Qualifications Considered a Plus
- Knowledge of local agency guidelines for Section 106 of the NHPA and CEQA compliance, including guidelines pertaining to the completion of cultural resource studies
Dependent on experience, with a robust benefits package.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates must apply online through Paylocity with a resume and cover letter. Begin by clicking “Apply Now” at HELIX Environmental Planning, Inc.
HELIX is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and an inclusive work environment. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of gender, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service or veteran status. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs.
HELIX strongly encourages vaccination against COVID-19 for our employees, and we will request your vaccination status and a copy of your vaccination card, if vaccinated, at the start of your employment. If you are unvaccinated, you will need to wear a mask and practice social distancing when in a HELIX office or vehicle. Additionally, HELIX follows state, local, federal, and other client requirements and, therefore, if their vaccine requirements change, ours will adjust accordingly.
To apply for this job please visit www.helixepi.com.