Website Santa Ynez Band of Mission Indians
To apply, visit the job application website: www.chumashcareers.com
Under the direct supervision of Tribal Administrator and the general supervision of the Tribal Elders Council.
Full-time position charged with various duties regarding the preservation of cultural resources for the Santa Ynez Band of Chumash Indians. Works with the Tribal administrator, archaeologists, developers and county officials to ensure projects protect cultural and spiritually significant sites. This position works directly with the Elders Governing Board on government–to-government consultation, hours vary, and some weekends may be required.
Essential Job Functions
- Represent the Elders Board during consultation with local, state, and federal agencies
- Read and understand project site reports and maps
- Attend hearings, project meetings, training and or conferences with or on behalf of the Elders
- Attend bi-monthly Elders Board meetings
- Perform field surveys, inspections of archaeological sites and construction areas, resource stabilization, and surveillance of sensitive and threatened archaeological resources
- Attend surveys with archaeologists
- Coordinates the process of contracting with outside archeological firms for monitoring services
- Monitoring when necessary
- Related work experience
- High School Diploma
- Must have at least one year experience as a Native American Monitor
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, auto insurance, car registration and social security number to obtain access to Vandenberg Air Force Base.
- Organized and Detail oriented
- Computer literate
- Must have the ability to speak clearly and concisely in a public environment
- Knowledgeable of tribal history, cultural resources, and sacred sites
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
To apply for this job please visit www.chumashcareers.com.