Website Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians
Cultural Resources Analyst
ACBCI – Palm Springs, CA
Director of Historic Preservation
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Under the direction of the Director of Historic Preservation, the Cultural Resources Analyst’s primary responsibilities include assisting the Tribal Historic Preservation Office in managing the cultural information data systems and archaeological collections.
- Understanding of archaeological field, laboratory, reporting, research methods and curatorial practices.
- Experience working for or with Tribal governments and indigenous communities.
- Computer literate including experience with ArcGIS, MS Office, and collections management databases.
- Experience processing archaeological collections and associated records and archives.
- Ability to work both independently with little direction and in a group with direction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned)
- May Provide NAGPRA and CalNAGPRA Program Support: Keeps accurate documentation of requests for consultation under NAGPRA and CalNAGPRA. Prepares documents, inventories, and official records. Facilitates repatriation.
- Collection Care, Processing, and Improvement: Cares for the collection and manages activities on a day-to-day basis, including organizing, storing, securing and conserving objects. Proposes, develops, and oversees plans for reorganization and rehousing. Plans and implements the department’s pest monitoring and management protocols. Processes all incoming and outgoing objects and/or materials including purchases, donations, exchanges, field collections, and loans, serving as a liaison between donors, lenders, and the Registrar’s Office.
- Data management: Assists with managing the cultural register which includes site records, archaeological reports, archives and GIS data.
- Comply with all applicable ACBCI System of Internal Controls, Standard Operating Procedures, and all Tribal Regulati
- Attend meetings on behalf of the THPO department.
- Assist with research as needed.
- Must work as a team player and assist the department in all other duties needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
ACCESS TO SENSITIVE AREAS AND INFORMATION
- Cultural Resource Inventories, site records, maps, and artifacts
- Visits to cultural sites
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to stand, move and work throughout the office area and field sites, including walking up to 1 ½ mile, climbing stairs and walking on uneven surfaces.
Typically the individual will be housed in an office environment but must be able to work in extreme weather conditions to include extreme heat and cold weather. Must be able to travel in and out of Palm Springs, California area.
For the detailed Job Posting or to apply:
Contact Patricia Garcia ten.etneilacauganull@aicragap
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.