Website Surf To Snow Environmental Resource Management, Inc.
Cultural Resource Principal (flexible location within California)
Cultural Resources · Sacramento, California
We are looking for a motived, senior-level Cultural Resource Principal to join our growing team! Location flexible within California. This is a full-time, salaried position. You’ll be a great fit in this role if you are eager to grow and learn, are seeking a collaborative work environment, and are passionate about the environment.
In this position, you’ll use your expertise to plan, advise, direct, support and manage cultural resource projects and programs for a variety of private, federal, state, and local government clients. You’ll use your excellent leadership and communication skills to guide technical solutions, including evaluating and overseeing the development and implementation of project permitting strategy and design. You’ll collaborate with staff, peers, and clients at all levels. You’ll maintain the technical accuracy of cultural resource deliverables and ensure team members have appropriate technical training to support client needs.
Some travel will be required, with periodic weekend and long hours. Some overnight travel may be required.
- Lead project studies and surveys, construction monitoring, archaeological excavation, and associated field work on a variety of projects
- Technical resource lead and principal investigator for complex, high profile cultural resource investigations
- Prepare and administer cultural project and program scopes, schedules, and budgets.
- Conduct and/or oversee staff conducting records searches, desktop constraints analyses, monitoring construction projects, surveying to identify cultural resources, providing cultural resources awareness and response training to construction crews, and reporting associated with these various tasks.
- Project, program and financial management of cultural resource projects.
- Manage day-to-day operations for the Cultural Resources department.
- Develop strategic and tactical solutions for complex projects.
- Develop and implement QA/QC process for all cultural technical documents and deliverables.
- Identify and build relationships with clients and potential customers.
- Lead technical elements of proposal development, including scope budget, and schedule.
- Oversee staff development, performance, and training.
- Collaborate with other Leadership team members.
- Advanced degree (MA, MS, or PhD) in Archeology, Anthropology with emphasis in archaeology and/or cultural resources management, or related sciences.
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Experience as technical lead on multiple large and complex projects.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant historic preservation laws, regulations, and the Section 106 and 110 compliance process as they apply to undertakings and management of historic properties
- Extensive technical and professional writing experience
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Currently holds professional registration with direct application to current job responsibilities
- Prior consulting experience
Prior to employment with S2S, this position requires successful completion of a background check and drug screening.
Who We Are:
Surf To Snow Environmental Resource Management (S2S) is a full-service environmental consulting firm that supports Clients and other strategic partners in all major lines of business, general construction, including electric transmission, gas transmission, power generation, distribution/facilities support, environmental permitting, and site restoration projects. Founded in 2008, we are a California-based disabled veteran-owned business. With a strong technical background and the ability to be flexible and responsive to our clients’ needs, S2S is uniquely qualified to provide a multitude of environmental services to our clients while helping to meet diverse regulatory requirements. S2S provides planning, permitting, project management, compliance monitoring, stormwater, and site restoration services that result in the successful, timely, on-budget completion of a project while meeting regulatory requirements and preserving the surrounding ecosystem. http://www.s2serm.com
Interested in S2S but this position isn’t quite right for you? Check out our website for more opportunities!
We have other cultural resource opportunities for varying experience levels in the Bay Area and in Southern California.
To apply for this job please visit surftosnow.bamboohr.com.