Website Cogstone Resource Management
Cogstone Resource Management is looking for up to 4 local cultural and paleo resources field technicians in Morro Bay, California for a construction monitoring project. The project is expected to run five days a week for the rest of the year.
- Conduct, construction monitoring, pre-field research and field surveys, and site testing
- Search areas of proposed projects for evidence of historic, paleontological, and prehistoric remains
- Determine exact location of sites and mark them on maps and aerial photographs
- Ensure that work assignments are carried out in a safe and timely manner according to established standards and procedures
- Clean and catalog artifacts
- Stand for up to ten hours, although most projects work eight hour days
- California experience
- BA or BS in Anthropology, Geology or a closely related field.
- Able to conduct field work for long hours, in possible inclement weather conditions and the ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds
- Applicant must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, with reliable transportation
- Confident in the construction environment
- Proficient in use of tablets and standard office software
- Produce excellent field notes
- Capable of working independently with a diverse, multi-disciplinary team
- Self-motivated with strong initiative
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.myapps.paychex.com.