Website SWCA Environmental Consultants
SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking an Assistant Project Manager for our Pasadena, California office. Under the supervision of a Project Manager, an Assistant Project Manager for Archaeology performs field and office tasks while working with and supervising crew members. This position will primarily be office-based, with some fieldwork required. This is a regular, full-time, salaried position that will report to a Project Manager.
- Conducts background research for archaeological studies, including records searches and Sacred Lands File searches, and facilitates Native American coordination.
- Ensures that appropriate preliminary research is conducted and organized prior to fieldwork, and that necessary equipment, staff, and other resources are ready for fieldwork.
- Coordinates with agency personnel, subconsultants, and Native American monitors, as needed, to arrange fieldwork and facilitate projects.
- Supervises fieldwork, including archaeological survey, testing, data recovery, and/or construction monitoring and ensures quality and completeness of data collected.
- Communicates regularly with the Project Manager to ensure that a project’s budgetary and timetable needs are met. Supports invoicing and budget tracking.
- Takes initiative, resolves problems, and creates improved procedures to ensure that tasks are completed in the most effective and efficient manner.
- In coordination with the project manager, organizes the report writing and production effort and prepares technical reports.
- Maintains SWCA’s high standard of scientific ethics and quality assurance; is motivated to identify and resolve problems in creative ways.
- A bachelor’s degree in anthropology, archaeology, history, or a closely related field is required. A master’s degree is preferred.
- Participation in an accredited field school or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in cultural resources management (CRM) on a variety of project types, sizes, regions, and agencies.
- Qualified for listing on the California statewide Bureau of Land Management permit preferred.
- Experience with the application of standard archaeological survey and excavation techniques.
- Experience providing QA/QC review of field documents, site forms, and reports preferred.
- Experience leading crews of field technicians on a variety of project types, sizes, regions, and agencies preferred.
- Experience with implementing the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA) Sections 106 and 110, and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) permitting processes is preferred.
- Ability to travel and be able to conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather conditions, often in rugged terrain, and be able to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Valid Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.