Website Transcon Environmental
Full time Archaeologist (this position is based in your home, not a fieldwork position)
Established in 1999, Transcon Environmental, Inc., offers environmental consulting services throughout the United States with our Corporate Office based in Mesa, AZ and offices in Berkeley, Ferndale, San Francisco, and Santa Rosa, California; Cedar City and Draper, Utah; Rawlins, Wyoming; and Roanoke, Virginia.
We are a steadily growing company with telecommuting opportunities employing over 45 archaeologists throughout the United States. Our highly successful team of environmental planners, biologists and archaeologists provides environmental planning, permitting, and compliance as well as infrastructure siting, Class I and Class III studies, Historic Property Treatment Plans, and environmental construction management and monitoring. We offer our employees development opportunities, competitive wages, and benefits.
This position will be based in a California office or remote work from home in California.
Compensation and Benefits:
This full-time position is an exempt (salaried) position eligible for benefits such as healthcare insurance, 401k, paid time off, holidays, etc. Compensation is based on qualifications and relevant experience. Employees will be reimbursed for mileage and travel time related to occasional field work.
We are seeking a full-time Archaeologist to perform office-based, not fieldwork activities. Primary duties may include:
- Coordinating cultural resource assignments (field surveys and writing assignments)
- Writing and/or reviewing cultural resources reports and background research
- Evaluating resources for the National Register and California Register
- Occasional field work, such as:
o Assessing specified location(s) for monitoring cultural resources during utility operation and maintenance activities
o Inspecting and monitoring construction activities to ensure resource protection measures are being implemented to protect sensitive resources (i.e., archeological, paleontological, etc.)
- Verifying sensitive archaeological sites are flagged for avoidance
- Tracking and reporting construction activities.
- Documentation of compliance/non-compliance with resource protection measures.
- Filing daily reports, photo documenting site conditions.
- Conducting field surveys
Skills and Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in archaeology, or closely related field
- Minimum 1 year of full-time professional experience in archaeological research or cultural resource management, or likened role
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, motivated, thorough, accurate, dependable, and trustworthy
- Strong writing skills
- Be able to work independently with little direct oversight
- Work cooperatively with an established project team to meet high-volume quick turnaround deadlines
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn risk assessment work
Experience in the following is preferred:
- Proficiency in California, Arizona, Oregon, Washington and/or Nevada prehistoric or historic archaeology
- Understanding implementation and development of Cultural Resource Protection Measures, Best Management Practices, Inadvertent Discovery Protocols, Programmatic Agreements, Memorandums of Understanding/Agreement
- Familiarity with typical electrical utility operations and maintenance activities
- Familiarity with GIS preferred (desktop, ArcGIS, ArcCollector, Survey 123, etc.)
- Familiarity with paleontological resources
***Applicants must have a clean driving record for at least 5 years prior to the start of work.
***Offers of employment will be contingent on the candidate passing a background check, drug including marijuana/THC alcohol testing.
Online applications will only be considered complete and reviewed when the following attachments are included:
- one-page cover letter (mention any archaeological permits you may hold)
- resume (3-page limit)
- three references (include a supervisor)
- Apply Here: https://transcon.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=70
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org