Website Transcon Environmental, Inc.
On-Call Archaeologist – (Field Work & Writing Assignments)
We are steadily growing company with our Corporate Office based in Mesa, AZ that offers its employees development opportunities, competitive wages and benefits.
Established in 1999, Transcon Environmental, Inc., offers environmental consulting services throughout the western United States with offices in Arizona, California, Utah, Wyoming and Virginia. Our highly successful team of environmental planners, biologists and archaeologists provides environmental planning, permitting, and compliance as well as infrastructure siting, Class I and Class III studies, Historic Property Treatment Plans, and environmental construction management and monitoring.
We have an immediate need for multiple on-call archaeologists for assignments located in California. Primarily field-based positions and writing positions are both open. Work will include both one-day and multiple-day assignments.
The on-call position is a non-exempt (hourly) position without eligibility for benefits such as healthcare insurance, paid time off, etc. However, on-call employees are strongly encouraged to apply for internal job openings of full-time employment (with eligibility for benefits)
Employees will be reimbursed for mileage and travel time
Wage is negotiable based on relevant experience and work location
Position will be based out of one of Transcon’s offices or remote from home, however, fieldwork is performed in multiple locations
- Report production
- Background research as well as work on
- Archaeological surveys
- Construction monitoring projects
Skills and Requirements:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in archaeology, or closely related field
- Proficiency in California prehistoric or historic archaeology
- Minimum six months experience conducting cultural resource surveys and/or construction monitoring
- Minimum one year full-time professional experience in archaeological research or cultural resource management
- Proficiency with sub-meter GPS
- Personal vehicle, excellent navigational skills
- Ability to perform work duties independently with short deadlines
- Strong writing skills attention to detail
- Motivated, thorough, accurate, dependable, and trustworthy
Experience in the following is preferred:
- Experience driving a four-wheeled drive vehicle off-road or in rough terrain
- Familiarity with typical electrical utility operations and maintenance activities
- Experience working around heavy machinery and communicating with maintenance crews
***Applicants must have a clean driving record for at least 5 years prior to the start of work.
***Offers of employment will be contingent on the candidate passing a background check, drug (including marijuana/THC) and alcohol testing.
Please include the following attachments with your completed online application:
- One-page cover letter (mention any permits you may hold)
- Three references (include email and phone number of a supervisor and a co-worker)
- Writing sample (3-page limit)
If you have questions, please contact Shannon Loftus, Cultural Program Manager (Pacific and Southwest Regions) via email: moc.nocsnartnull@sutfols
To apply for this job please visit transcon.com.