Website Historical Research Associates (HRA)
Historical Research Associates (HRA) is seeking an Archaeologist 2 to join our collaborative team of experts in our Spokane office. This is a salaried, full-time position with anticipated salary of $55,310-
$69,775 depending on experience and qualifications.
HRA is a federal contractor performing work in states with multiple vaccine mandates and is subject to those requirements. This position will support our federal clients and thus will also be subject to the vaccine mandates. In response, HRA requests that all employees be vaccinated or have an approved accommodation under the allowable federal reasons.
The Archaeologist 2 performs research tasks, fieldwork, laboratory, and/or writing tasks as part of a project team. At the direction of project managers, leads field projects and occasionally directs project team members in specific tasks. Contributes to the preparation of reports and client deliverables under the oversight of project managers; this may include preparing the larger share of a small project report. May be supervised by a more senior member of the HRA staff with similar technical experience.
Required education and experience:
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Anthropology or closely related field with Archaeology emphasis
- Preparation of a Master’s thesis or doctoral dissertation
- A minimum of one year full-time experience working with and leading field crews, analyzing research data, and contributing to research
- Completion of accredited field
- Good working knowledge of federal, state, and local cultural resource compliance requirements, particularly the Section 106
- Must meet the Secretary of the Interior’s professional qualifications standards in archaeology and any applicable state
- Registered Professional
Required skills and abilities:
- General: Proficient in the use of computer software including Word and Ability to use online databases, such as library search engines and digitized records collections. Use digital cameras, digital scanners, and digital audio recorders. Requires valid driver’s license and ability to operate passenger car and/or light truck.
- Teamwork: Develop and maintain positive relationships, ability to balance work schedules and demands, provide and accept feedback, seek to resolve conflict through communication and collaboration, use effective verbal and written communication, listen and communicate effectively. Successfully function within a project team, work closely with project team members, and take direction from a project
- Research: Proven ability to conduct background research in various sources including ethnographies, soils/environmental/cultural background, SHPO databases, GLO plats, land patents/historic maps, and tax Have the ability to recognize the need for and to locate additional background or archival resources.
- Writing: Strong technical writing skills a Proven ability to contribute to deliverables. Contribute to research, inventory, resource evaluation, and monitoring plans and reports; the ability to contribute to high quality products with knowledge and understanding of appropriate style for the document.
- Field: Proficient in the use of compass, topographic maps, GPS, ArcPAD, and related field equipment. Able to excavate shovel probes and conduct pedestrian survey in sometimes arduous conditions.
- Strong verbal and writing communication skills
- Ability to remember and follow detailed instructions
- Willingness to travel throughout the Pacific Northwest and the rest of the S. (especially the west)
Candidates should assume that 40-60 percent of their time will be spent in the field, and at least 25- 30 percent of that travel will be outside of Spokane.
HRA offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package that includes vacation, sick leave, holidays, medical insurance, and 401K.
Please submit a letter of interest, résumé with three references, and a short writing sample (CRM report preferred; an educational thesis will not be accepted) to Human Resources at moc.cossarhnull@RH.
No phone calls, please. Only qualified candidates with an advanced degree will be considered for interviews. Interviews will be conducted with qualified applicants as they apply, and position will remain open until filled.
HRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an environment of respect and inclusion where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees.
Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking, or sexual harassment, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. If you need to request an accommodation related to disability, religion, or related to domestic violence, stalking or sexual harassment, please contact Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@hrassoc.com