Website Bargas Environmental Consulting
Bargas Environmental Consulting, LLC (Bargas) is seeking Archaeologists for our growing Cultural Resources Department. Positions are available in the Sacramento, Bay Area, central California, and southern California regions, and provide exciting opportunities for career growth in a progressive, team-oriented culture.
We are seeking energetic and experienced Archaeologists/Cultural Resources Specialists with 1 to 6 years of experience in cultural resources management in California. Under the supervision of the Director of Cultural Resources, you will conduct field surveys, construction monitoring, and test excavations; record archaeological sites and prepare site records; conduct artifact analyses; review archaeological resource information and prepare desktop review reports; and prepare or contribute to technical reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Anthropology, Archaeology, or related field.
- 1+ years of experience conducting archaeological fieldwork in California.
- Proven ability to identify and record prehistoric and historic-age archaeological materials.
- Experience with Survey123, Collector/Field Maps app, and data collection using tablets desired.
- Willingness to travel highly desired.
- Ability to manage and analyze archaeological data.
- Experience preparing site records and contributing to technical reports desired.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office 365 applications a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of attention to detail and integrity.
- Ability to work effectively and positively independently and in a team environment.
- Willingness to take ownership of any tasks as assigned through to completion.
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to walk long distances, traverse rugged and steep terrain, and work in fluctuating and potentially extreme weather conditions.
- Must be able to sit at a computer for several hours at a the time.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, kneel.
- Must be able to carry equipment weighing an excess of 25lbs.
- Must be able to pass a background, credit, and DMV check.
- This position is open to full-time, part-time, or as-needed candidates. The part-time and as-needed positions have the potential to turn into a full-time position based on job performance and company needs.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary Range = $40,000 – $65,000, dependent on skills and experience
- Annual bonuses*
- Paid time off for holidays, vacation, and sick time*
- 401(k) with matching contributions*
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits*
- Flexible work schedule
- Remote and office work locations available
- Annual Corporate Retreat*
- Professional development and mentorship opportunities*
- Family-oriented business with work-Life balance approach
*Some restrictions apply for part-time positions
Submit your resume and cover letter demonstrating your qualifications, salary requirements, and any unique areas of expertise to moc.gnitlusnocsagrabnull@sboj. In your cover letter, please describe why you feel you are a fit for the Bargas team and how your skills and experience relate to the job description. Please also provide three (3) professional references. No phone calls or walk-ins please.
Bargas provides environmental solutions for a developing world and strives to provide the highest quality analysis and project management in support of sustainable planning and energy solutions. We offer competitive hourly pay and a positive, professional, and supportive work culture. Bargas Environmental Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Minority Women Owned business. www.Bargasconsulting.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org