Website ICF, Inc.
Location: Sacramento, CA
Job Title: Archaeologist
The 2020 pandemic inspired many people to seek new jobs where they could turn their passion projects into a full-time career. Here at ICF we work on passion projects all the time, from helping convert America to clean energy through solar and offshore wind development to helping ensure California’s water supply reliability for the next century. In Northern California some of our local passion projects include working with the Port of San Francisco to address the effects of sea level rise on the Embarcadero, evaluating Tribal landscapes in the Central Valley, or working with BART to reimagine what transit looks like across the entire Bay Area. One thing is for sure, being part of ICF’s cultural resources team is #neverboring.
ICF is currently seeking two early-career Archaeologists to be based in San Francisco and/or Sacramento, California, with broad flexibility for working remotely from home when not conducting fieldwork. The Archaeologist position will provide desk-top research, archival research, field survey crew and technical writing support for public agency, utility, and land development/management clients throughout northern California. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in fieldwork and technical writing, and an interest in growing these skills in a collaborative team environment.
- Support field efforts in northern California. Travel for up to 10 days may be involved, with work occurring outdoors under all weather conditions.
- Contributing author for small survey and monitoring reports, and assist senior ICF staff on larger writing efforts.
- Work independently and as part of a team in a collaborative environment.
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with ICF staff and construction personnel.
- Meet deadlines, multitask, and produce quality work.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Archaeology or related field.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in cultural resources management.
- Ability to conduct field visits at locations throughout northern California.
- Fieldwork skills including monitoring, pedestrian and subsurface survey, testing and evaluation.
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with computers, smart devices, and completing data entry in application interfaces (such as ArcGIS Collector).
- Familiarity with California cultural resources and associated regulatory environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Proactive, creative, and positive collaborative attitude.
- Use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check.
- Master’s in Archaeology or related field.
- Two or more years of experience leading survey crews and/or GIS data management.
- Working knowledge of CEQA, NEPA, NHPA, and other state and federal environmental regulations.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success. ICF is a purpose driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Our core values include Embracing Differences, and we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces and hires dimensions of differences.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world’s toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email moc.fcinull@retnecreeracfci and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
To apply for this job please visit www.icf.com.