Website Pacific Legacy, Inc.
ARCHAEOLOGICAL TECHNICIAN POSITIONS AVAILABLE FOR UPCOMING PROJECTS IN CALIFORNIA
Pacific Legacy, Inc., a Cultural Resources Management firm, is seeking archaeologists for projects throughout California, mainly Northern and Central. Responsibilities may include
records searches and background research, field surveys, excavation (testing and data recovery), construction monitoring, and assistance with report preparation. This may include
site and feature mapping, artifact photography, and basic GIS data collection. Positions will be filled on a project-by-project basis.
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Anthropology or related field and have completed an archaeological field school or received equivalent training. (We are aware
that Covid has been disruptive to these experiences) At least two years of experience in California archaeology is preferred. Work schedules during the field season may vary from
short term (i.e. a few days) to long term (over several months) field work.
The ideal candidate is:
• Comfortable with strenuous hiking and changing climate conditions
• Ability to stand or kneel for long periods of time and carry up to 30 lbs of gear.
• Positive, motivated, and able to work individually or as a team.
• Detail oriented with excellent written/verbal communication.
• Experienced and knowledgeable in California culture and history.
• Willingness and ability to travel and to work in inclement conditions.
Ability and willingness to travel to remote locations for extended periods of
time, if needed.
• Skilled in identifying artifacts and cultural features, the ability to identify human
remains is a plus.
• Capable of working with other state and federal agencies, Native American Groups,
and construction crews.
• Possession of a valid California Driver’s License with 3 years clean driving record.
Compensation: Salary determined based on experience, but the base/starting rate with no experience is $18. In addition, Paid Time Off (PTO) is accrued based on hours worked.
Per Diem: For non-local projects lodging is single-occupancy and meals per diem is offered.
Per diem type is contract/project dependent (e.g. flat-rate versus receipts-based).
Please send a cover letter outlining your qualifications with desired office location, and a current CV with references to moc.ycagelcificapnull@llehcs.
Pacific Legacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pacific Legacy, Inc.
Attn: Samantha Schell
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com