Website Pacific Legacy, Inc.
Archaeological Supervisor Position Available IMMEDIATELY
Pacific Legacy, Inc. is a Cultural Resources Management firm dedicated to providing quality archaeological and cultural resource management services. We help our clients navigate through regulatory compliance processes and provide an integrated historic preservation program to assist in overall planning — from design to mitigation. Pacific Legacy has an immediate opening in our Berkeley or Sacramento office for an Archaeological Supervisor.
- Masters or PhD in Anthropology/Archaeology, preferably with a focus on California archaeology;
- Five years of prior experience supervising CRM projects;
- Demonstrated project management skills, including the management of budgets, schedules, and project deliverables;
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state, and local laws, ordinances, and regulations applicable to cultural resources (e.g., Section 106, National Environmental Policy Act, Archaeological Resources Protection Act, Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act, HRS Chapter 6E);
- Technical writing skills and experience preparing CRM reports.
The ideal candidate has the ability to:
- Supervise, coordinate, and provide direction to project team members;
- Manage budgets and project tasks;
- Prepare proposals;
- Manage multiple projects at once with attention to detail;
- Research, write and analyze archaeological data sufficient to produce high quality reports;
- Use platforms including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access. A working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator is a plus;
- Collect and process GPS data. Proficiency with ArcGIS is a plus;
- Conduct consultation with Native Californian Organizations, community groups, regulatory agencies, and key stakeholders;
- Possess a valid driver’s license and the ability to drive field vehicles; and
- Work in remote areas with rough terrain and changing weather conditions for extended field sessions that may involve camping.
Compensation and benefits:
Salary is competitive and determined based on experience and qualifications, starts at $35 an hour.
Pacific Legacy offers excellent employment benefits that include:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K profit sharing plan
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
Please send a cover letter outlining your experience and a current resume with three references to moc.ycagelcificapnull@llehcs or to the mailing address below. Pacific Legacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pacific Legacy, Inc.
Attn: Samantha Schell, Director of Business Development
900 Modoc Street
Berkeley, CA 94707
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com