Pacific Legacy, Inc.
Pacific Legacy, Inc., a Cultural Resources Management firm, is seeking as-needed archaeologists for projects in Orange, Los Angeles, and/or Ventura counties to conduct independent one or two-day surveys. Responsibilities may include records searches and background research, field surveys, excavation (testing and data recovery), construction monitoring, and assistance with report preparation. This may include site and feature mapping, artifact photography, and basic GIS data collection. Positions will be filled on a project-by-project basis. Please apply only if you live in the Southern California area.
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Anthropology or related field and have completed an archaeological field school. At least three to four years of experience in California archaeology is preferred. Work schedules during the field season may vary from short term (i.e. a few days) to long term (over several months) field work.
The ideal candidate is:
- Comfortable with strenuous hiking and changing climate conditions
- Ability to stand or kneel for long periods of time and carry up to 30 lbs of gear.
- Positive, motivated, and able to work individually or as a team.
- Detail oriented with excellent written/verbal communication.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in California culture and history.
- Willingness and ability to travel and to work in inclement conditions.
- Ability and willingness to travel to remote locations for extended periods of time, if needed.
- Skilled in identifying artifacts and cultural features, the ability to identify human remains is a plus.
- Capable of working with other state and federal agencies, Native American Groups, and construction crews.
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s License with 3 years clean driving record.
Compensation: Salary determined based on experience. In addition, Paid Time Off (PTO) is accrued based on hours worked.
Please send a cover letter outlining your qualifications with desired office location, and a current CV with references to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the mailing address below. Pacific Legacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pacific Legacy, Inc.
Attn: Charon Stoesser
4919 Windplay Dr., Ste. 4
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com