Website Chambers Group
Chambers Group has an immediate need for archaeological monitors, with a minimum of two (2) years of experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct archaeological site investigations at all levels from survey through test excavation and stratigraphic analyses.
- Archaeological survey, testing, monitoring, data recovery, and excavation experience required.
- Ability to collect observational and spatial data in the field, and prepare technical/survey reports for natural resources studies based on the data collected.
- Map and site recordation on Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) 523 series forms; including site mapping, photography, and descriptions. Familiarity with other state site forms a plus.
- Prepare draft summaries, figures, and graphs by tabulating analytical data, site data, and field notes at the direction of project team.
Skill and Expertise:
- Knowledge of cultural resources management laws and process.
- Ability to work for long hours in challenging environmental conditions – hot weather and uneven terrain.
- Ability to use various GPS units, map both archaeological and paleontological finds.
- Demonstrates initiative, independent thinking, good problem-solving skills, excellent field skills and educational background in specific discipline.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, and exemplary work habits, especially related to safety, common sense, punctuality, and adaptability.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in technical discipline required.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Monitoring experience in Southwestern U.S preferred
The position is temp. This work will be done in the office with field visits, as needed, to manage projects.
Please reply to moc.cnipuorgsrebmahcnull@sreerac immediately with your resume and cover letter.
Chambers Group Inc. is an employee owned company and an equal opportunity employer and we value inclusion and diversity. EOE-Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity. Chambers Group Inc. will make employment decisions in a non- discriminatory manner.”
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org