Website Psomas, Inc.
Psomas is a 100% employee-owned, award-winning consulting firm specializing in construction management, engineering, environment, surveying and geospatial. We’re 600 employees strong with a rich 75-year legacy, and we’re expanding our footprint for exciting growth — which means plenty of opportunity and the added values of agility and flexibility that you can only get with a midsize firm.
Use your talents and passions to improve the environment for all humankind. We believe that Psomas is more than a company — it’s a place where each person becomes part of a team and has the opportunity to work on projects that make a difference. Psomas is a place where you can build a career — from your first job through retirement and all stages in between. We foster collaboration, teamwork, and professional development at every level.
As an on-call Archaeological Field Technician in our Pasadena office, your work may consist of fieldwork assignments that could include archaeological survey, site recordation, testing, data recovery excavation and construction monitoring; as well as conducting record searches and accomplishing curation related tasks. Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Prepare cultural resources documentation in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal guidelines, and requirements.
- Communicate effectively with construction crews and field staff.
- Maintain written monitoring logs and provide status updates to project management.
- Ability to identify cultural and Rancho La Brea paleontological resources while working on construction sites and communicate resource requirements with construction personnel, including Native American monitors and tribal representatives; and
- Have a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and willingness to learn and execute new tasks.
- Must have bachelor’s degree in archaeology, anthropology or related field, or extensive field experience.
- Must have the ability to be listed on or progressing towards listing on federal and state cultural resource permits.
- Must be able to work independently in potentially adverse conditions.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record within the last 5 years.
- Must have experience in Southern California.
- Prefer candidate is local to the Southern California area
With a people-first philosophy, we continue to embrace initiatives for a forward-thinking, modern day workplace. From bright, flexible office spaces to diversity and inclusion efforts, Psomas is a company that leads with intention and embodies a set of core values. We offer competitive compensation and benefits including:
- Strong pay + bonus programs
- Comprehensive Benefits: Health, Dental & Vision (through Kaiser, Cigna and VSP) + FSA, Life Insurance, Long/Short Term Disability
- Psomas Pshares retirement + 401(k) plans
- Hybrid + flexible work schedules
- Work + life balance with paid holidays + PTO
- Mentoring, tuition reimbursement + career development
- Psomas perk events, activities, celebrations, swag + more!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit psomas.applicantpro.com.