Website Kleinfelder/Garcia & Associates
Kleinfelder acquired Garcia and Associates in August 2020. Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives – from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking qualified field staff for archaeological surveys and monitoring in various locations to work on a flex basis. Prior experience monitoring around heavy equipment and conducting cultural surveys is preferred. Must be willing to work independently and feel comfortable directing construction crews in the field.
Requirements and Qualifications
- BA or higher in Anthropology, Archaeology or closely related field.
- The ability to independently identify prehistoric and historic-era cultural resources in the field.
- Two or more years of progressive experience participating in cultural resources field projects in California.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and attention to detail.
- Strong writing skills and clarity in notetaking.
- Experience with MS Office.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and respond quickly while working in the field.
- Experience working on state and federal lands.
- Experience working alongside Native American monitors in the field.
- The ability to stand for long periods of time and hike long distances in rugged conditions.
- Familiarity with digital field technology (GPS, total station, iPad etc.) and GIS applications and software. Previous experience using Collector a plus.
- Previous experience preparing Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) 523 forms, monitoring logs, and survey report forms a plus.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- A California driver’s license is required
- Must have a satisfactory driving record and complete a background check
- Candidates who reside in the Northern California are preferred
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
Compensation determined based on experience
Apply online by following this link: https://jobs2.smartsearchonline.com/kleinfelder/jobs/jobdetails.asp?jo_num=52686&apply=yes&
To apply for this job please visit jobs2.smartsearchonline.com.